LJ (I assume you’ve heard his name, so we don’t have to repeat it for the world to see) was born at 3:52 pm, Sunday, November 14th and from the moment his head first came into view, people’s first reaction has been “wow, he has a lot of hair!” This is followed closely by, “what a beautiful baby!” Of course, we believe everyone who says this and we are sure that they don’t say it to every baby’s parents. I do think he is the most beautiful baby ever…and the sweetest little boy…even when he is crying. He weighed 9lbs, 1oz and is 21 ¼ in long. He does have very thick, dark hair with brown tips…it is as though he had his hair professionally colored! He looks most like RJ, but has a somewhat distinct look. We’ll send you a picture via e-mail and you’ll see exactly what this precious child looks like.
Labor and delivery was no big deal. The induction started at 9:45 pm Saturday night…the worst parts of that were that 1) they had to stick me 4 times to get my IV in, and 2) once the induction meds started I couldn’t get up for 2 hours. This was bad as I had purposely tried to drink lots of fluids so they would have no problem with the IV (fat lot of good that did). I was dying I had to go to the bathroom so bad…at 11:45 on the dot, I was up and in the bathroom. We did another round of those meds and then started Pitocin around 5:00 am. At about 6:00 am, I took the offer for Stadol…that is some good stuff. I immediately started giggling and, while I could feel the contractions, I didn’t care! That wore off around 8:30 am and I I had 2 hours of labor without any medications…that was no fun whatsoever. Labor and Delivery had gotten VERY busy (6 people in labor at the same time), so I didn’t get as much attention for a while. My doctor was in to check on me at 10:30, she broke my water and asked if I wanted my epidural. I said “YES!” and ½ an hour later I got my epidural and the good times were back. Seriously, the epidural is the way to go…it wore off enough for me to push for ½ an hour and deliver the sweetest baby ever. Once the epidural wore off completely, I could feel what my body had been through…that is not fun, but I know this will pass. LJ has been an excellent “nurser” since his first hour of life and has started to have some gassy pains. Poor little fellow…I wonder what will happen when he is actually getting milk?!
I have turned into a crying sap. Today, as I was dressing him to come home from the hospital, I thought “we bought these clothes for you before we even knew what you would look like, and now you are wearing them”…and I burst into tears! Then, when I was wheeled out to the car with him in my lap, RJ was taking a picture and I just burst into tears! We were taking our little boy home…I am crying now while I am writing this! I just never would have guessed that I would feel so happy, sentimental, hopeful, etc. He is just so sweet and we love him so much. When I start crying and I tell RJ why (and sound completely insane in the process), he starts crying and then we are just laughing and crying. My mom is here with us this week and I’m sure she thinks we are crazy…and sleep deprived.
Ok, I have to stop or I’ll never stop the tears…they are happy tears though! We’ll send you a picture to your e-mail and I’ll post again soon. Thanks to everyone for all your support, thoughts, and prayers.
Tuesday, November 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations, you crying saps!!!! I am so happy for you. I did not have a doubt in my mind that you would discover the pure joy and love of having your very own bundle of bliss that you created. Feel free to cry all the time, you can't stop it anyway! I'm waiting anxiously for the pictures. Congratulations!!!!
Lena
Martha & Richard,
I'm so happy for you! You're now parents, can you believe that? I couldn't find the right words before
when I was trying to tell you about the miraculous and overwhelming love you suddenly experience for a new baby, but I think "crying sap" is the perfect description of a new parent!
I can't wait to meet your precious boy!
love, Amanda
Post a Comment