We had our first Thanksgiving as a new family today! RJ and I drove through Luby's and picked up turkey, etc. LJ ate (drank) milk. Apparently, the tryptophan from the turkey didn't make it through to him as LJ is still fussing a bit and it is almost 10:00 pm. We also gave him a bath tonight. He has lots of dry skin coming off, so we bathed him and put some lotion on in an attempt to make LJ look less reptilian.
Let's see, how did we spend our day? My mom left for my brother's around 9:00 am. She might come back at the beginning of next week. I'm going to call her on Sunday to let her know if I think I can try out the week alone or not. I'm going to have to be at home alone with LJ eventually, but I think infants should have 3 parents. It sure makes things easier! I have no idea how single mothers do it...it seems impossible to me! But, I know they do. Anyway, RJ has a project due in each of his classes, so he worked on that a little while I fed LJ, took a shower, and did some laundry. I pretty much do a load a day...I don't even really sort it anymore...I just do whatever there is to be done. Ok, I'm off track again! Then we went to Luby's to pick up our food. Oh, and then it was time to feed LJ again. Then LJ and RJ took a nap while I watched Everybody Loves Raymond (there was a marathon on TV...good times!). Then it was time to feed LJ again...and then we all went for a walk at Research Park. Oh, then it was time to feed LJ again. Are you seeing a trend here?
Now LJ seems to be asleep. RJ and I are eating our pumpkin pie and then we are going to bed. Thanks to all who gave their experience with the pacifier. I used my pinky some today...and it does seem to calm him down when he wants to be sucking! I suppose that is really a pacifier in-and-of-itself...so who are we really fooling here?
Hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving!
Thursday, November 25, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment