Monday, November 08, 2004

Last Pre-natal Doctor Visit

Today was the last dr. visit...it was odd to leave without making another appointment. That was always agonizing...when next week do RJ, the doctor, and I have mutual time available? No more! The doctor walked in and asked "are we still holding out for the 11th?" and we said, "Yes!" But, let's back up to last night...

I knew better than to actually type words that effectively communicated that I think we will make it past the due date. Within an hour of typing the blog I felt the first sensation that I was almost positive was a contraction. Up until now I haven't been sure if I was feeling a contraction or if the baby was just pressing itself more evenly against its increasingly smaller home. Last night, I was pretty sure I was feeling contractions. So, I drank lots of water and changed positions and the sensation went away.

So, I went to work today and was fairly busy...so, I didn't really notice any more "contractions". 2:20 rolls around and it is time to see the doctor. While waiting for the doctor, I had a "contraction". I had one while visiting with the doctor as well. She confirmed that it was indeed a contraction. So, to make a short story very long...I've been having some contractions. I will spare you the details concerning effacement and dilation, but I'll tell you that the doctor did not send me to the hospital immediately ;-) We are still hoping for the 12th. We do have an induction scheduled with the hospital...Monday, November 15th at noon. So, if Little Baby J doesn't make an appearance before then...that is when this will all commence.

People keep asking me if I am excited and I am, but I'm pretty used to being pregnant...once the baby is here, I'll have a whole bunch of new stuff to get used to. I like routine. I like planning (and having the plan work). I'm not all that fond of change. So, I'm approaching this next stage with optimism, but uncertainty!

I'll leave this post with the mantra I have been repeating in my head. Anyone who has been through labor has told me "when it is time to go to the hospital, you'll know!"

PS...I realize I spelled niece "neice" in the e-mail I sent...so, if I realize it, it doesn't count!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you sharing names yet? I don't remember hearing any boy names, but about 1/2 dozen of the girl names. Did you narrow it down?
I can wait to hear if you want it to be a surprise!