Monday, November 29, 2004

My First Day Alone with LJ

First, my bath last night was HEAVEN on earth! Wow, I have missed baths.

LJ and I survived our first day home alone. Actually, it was a very pleasant day. RJ left for work at 8:30 (he will be home in about an hour...7:00 pm. He is busy, busy, busy at work this week) and LJ and I ate breakfast and got ready for our morning adventure - a trip to HEB. As predicted, LJ fell asleep on the way and slept most of the time in the store. He woke up and gave me popeye toward the end. Popeye is what we see when he is thinking about waking up. He fell asleep again on the way home and stayed asleep long enough for me to unload the groceries. See, he is already a very considerate boy! Then we ate lunch and he had some quiet-alert time.

As he wound up for the fuss before the nap, I packed him up and we went to the post office and the bank. LJ received his first money gift, so we opened up a savings account for him. This keeps us from spending his money. He fussed at the bank a little, but fell asleep on the way home. Then he had is mid-afternoon snack (I ate some Milano cookies myself). We were going to take a walk, but it looked too much like rain AND the Seinfeld gang was on Oprah. I can't really stand Oprah, but I wanted to see the gang from Seinfeld. LJ, once again very considerately, fell asleep and slept on my chest for an hour and 1/2. I put him in his seat and he is still asleep. So, I'm finishing my load of unsorted laundry for the day and catching up on e-mail. I couldn't ask for a better first day home alone with the little man!

Now, we'll see how the night is...but, Daddy will be home soon and everything is better when Daddy is home!


No comments: