My wish came true...I had one relaxing day without active labor. I was not sure that it would happen though. Last night I had a couple of hours worth of contractions...during which the baby was not cooperating. During a contraction is when the baby would decide to stretch out and move around. Thus, I had double the trouble. I thought, "This is it, for sure"...but it wasn't! Through this 2 hours of discomfort (not really painful) I decided that all of our furniture AND the toilet seat are just too darned low and we need all new furniture (and a new toilet seat). I'm pretty sure RJ has filed this demand where he has apparently filed several other such silly demands I have made in the last few months!
I slept pretty well last night...only got up 3x to go to the bathroom (seriously, that is down from 6 the night before) and I slept all the way to 7:20. I went to the grocery store around 9:30...did you know there are hardly any people in the grocery store at 9:30? That was bliss in and of itself! Then I stopped to get myself a tuna sandwich from this local bakery/sandwich shop. They have the BEST tuna salad...it has fresh dill in it. I have been craving it the last 2 weeks, but have had to limit myself (stupid research on mercury in fish being bad)...but today was one of the days that won out this week. On the way home I started to get a crimpy feeling on the left side of my lower back. I though, "this is it, for sure"...but it wasn't! I got home around 11:00 and ate my sandwich...I was hungry. Then I took a shower...and didn't have to blow dry my hair because I wasn't going anywhere! Am I the only one who gets tired of the same personal presentation routine? After the shower, the back cramps were gone. Then I took a nap and read some of my book. It was heaven!
I'm looking forward to a similar day tomorrow...as you know...the concert is tomorrow night! I guess I'll have to blow dry my hair after tomorrow's shower. I hope I don't feel the way I felt last night while at the concert. But, maybe the concert will do a better job of distracting me than Mission Impossible did last night? Surely Lyle is that captivating...I've seen him in concert 2x before, so I know it is possible. Several of you predict I will leave the concert and go straight to the hospital to deliver mere hours later. I guess I'd better take my hospital bag to the concert with me ;-)
To answer the gender questions and name questions... In the beginning, I felt sure the baby is a girl, but now I don't feel strongly one way or the other. I've had several girl dreams, several boy dreams, several dreams of indeterminate gender and 1 dream with twins...a boy and a girl who could walk instantly. So, I just don't have a feeling. Names...we have several and I fear that none of them will seem good once we see the baby. I haven't really wanted to share them...I don't want to see people react in a negative way. Since I can't see any faces over the internet I will tell you what we are down to. Girl: Xxxx, Xxxx, Xxxxxx. Boy: Yyyy, Yyyyyyy, Yyyy. Ha! They were up earlier, but RJ thinks the baby should be the first to hear.
There you have it...I'm going to make some steel-cut oats now (if you haven't had them and you think you hate oatmeal...get some steel-cut oats and give them a try. If you haven't had them and you think you like oatmeal...get some steel-cut oats...you'll love 'em). I didn't know they existed until RJ's sister-in-law fed me some...I'll never eat rolled again (which isn't true...I have eaten rolled since, but I haven't enjoyed them nearly as much)!
Wednesday, November 10, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Martha, I am again struck by some similarities in our pregnancies. I totally craved tuna fish sandwiches. I too prefer steel cut oats, but what does that mean anyway??? Do all pregnant ladies crave tuna fish and oatmeal? I hope you make it to the concert today.
Love,
Chrissy
Marty, R and baby J,
Happy you're coming to the end of your term. I'm excited for you all. I have the perfect name for littleinternetblogbabyj...it combines where I am and the time of year it is here with Marth's love of TV shows from the 80's set in Miami. Are you ready?
Ramadan Johnson
Good luck with everything,
Mark Bell
I'm going to have to look for steel-cut oats the next time I'm at the grocery store! So here it is, 9:54 AM on Thursday morning, and I'm wondering, "will Martha make it to and through the Lyle Lovett convert without going into hard labor? If she goes into mild labor, will she risk missing the epidural window to stay until the end of the concert?" Looking forward to the next update. This blog is great.
Katherine
Post a Comment