Thursday, November 11, 2004

Lyle's Youngest Fan

Yes, we made it to the concert and it was everything we hoped it would be. Lyle and his band were excellent as usual. What really makes his show is the 10 piece band with such a variety of instruments. I have such a good time watching them all play. In the end, a gospel group came out (as it did last November when we saw Lyle in Houston) and it was a real treat to hear them sing with Lyle. Baby J had a good time...lots of movement and lots of head grinding my bladder. I think Baby J's favorite song is The Boat Song...that elicited the most movement.

Today was a fine day...I kept a positive mental attitude toward not going into labor. Obviously, it worked. I could really get used to this not going to work thing. You have so much time to run errands and keep the house clean. I'm sure once Baby J is home with me, I won't be so ambitious, but for now...it works for me. I picked Richard up for lunch and then went to the bank...which was closed for Veteran's Day...oh well! Then I looked some stuff up on the computer. See, the doctor's office called today and we moved the induction to begin on Saturday night. So, if I don't go into labor by then, I get induced. And, if I haven't dilated they use this drug to "ripen the cervix". I spent the afternoon researching this drug and now I have a list of questions for the doctor tomorrow. I would just wait until Monday, but the doctor probably won't be able to be there on Monday night and I don't really want a different doctor. This actually caused me a good deal of stress. So, I'm going to spend my time between now and Saturday evening having a positive mental attitude toward starting labor! Wish me luck!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally, the update I've been waiting for! Sounds like Baby J didn't want to miss Lyle Lovett either, and decided to stay put for a little longer. What a cooperative baby! I can't wait to meet him or her.

Sunday, November 14th, is a great day for Baby J to make his or her debut. It is my Mom's birthday

I think they used some of that cervix ripening stuff on Kristina with Sydney.

How nice that you've had a few days of rest between your last day at work and having the baby. Enjoy tomorrow!

Katherine

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you all enjoyed the concert! I used that cervix ripening stuff and it didn't do much for me. They put my in the hospital at nite and put that stuff on and then at about 5 in the morning came in and checked (of course I hadn't slept all nite because I kept waiting for something to start happening!) and not much was going on so thats when they started the pitocin and that kicks it in high gear! Good luck, I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

Lena

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it to and from the concert!
I saw Lyle on Austin city limits the other day
with the gospel choir of backup singers.He was followed
by Jaime Cullum, who was great and I ended up buying his CD!
Back to the subject at hand... I had pitocin as well
but without the ripening drug. Lena's right, it hits
you before you can say supercalifragi...wow!
Just breeeeeeeeeeeathe!
Can't wait to hear about it all and meet baby J!
love,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Martha,
Whilst in Australia, Justin and I had been thinking about the Johnsons and imagining that there might be three of you now! I have since spoken with Katherine and she directed me to this site. Your reports are wonderful. If during nap time, you have a few spare moments, you might want to publish your accounts. It makes for good reading. But, you mightn't have time to tour the country promoting your book and talking with Oprah and Katie Couric!
I was nice to hear that you had a few quiet, indulgent days before Little J arrives, as you mightn't have many in the next 18 years.
Wishing you well, and hoping that all the Johnsons are happy, healthy and together very soon.

Katharine Trafford & Justin.

Anonymous said...

PIZZA, PIZZA, PIZZA and forget all that ripening stuff and Pitocin

Big Bro Richard