We gave LJ his first bath last night! It was a sponge bath as his umbilical cord has not fallen off yet. He cried the whole time, but his hair looks so nice now that it is clean. We combed it with a part off to the side and he looked so handsome. It stayed combed about 2 minutes as it was time to eat after that. He went to sleep rather quickly and RJ and I went to bed too. LJ slept from his 9:00 pm feeding until midnight. Then from his midnight feeding until 3:30 am. Then from his 3:30 feeding until 7:30. So, we had a GREAT night! On top of that, we took a car ride at the beginning of his fussy time (after his 3:30 pm feeding) and he had a nice nap instead of fussing. I was happy to get out of the house and RJ was happy driving by all the houses he knows that have old cars in front of them. Who knew that he scouts these things out? I kind of did, but we drove in neighborhoods I didn't know existed! Some of the old cars were gone and this made RJ sad...he wants to have a garage so he can fix up a car. I told him, by the time we have a garage like that, LJ will be old enough to be out there with him! I don't know if that depressed him more (since it will be that long before he builds the garage)?! Once we were home, RJ managed to keep LJ happy, quiet, and asleep for about 2 and 1/2 hours...we watched TV like normal people! All in all, yesterday was a pretty good day.
Today, LJ hasn't slept much. I don't know if that is good or not. We'll see! He had lots of visitors...his Aunt MJ, Uncle BJ, and Uncle BJ...and then Grandma and Grandpa. So, all of RJ's family was here at some point today. Unfortunately, they came when it was almost time for LJ to eat! So, he was a fussy boy (he was fussy most of the day anyway). It isn't much fun to try to hold a fussy boy, but they gave it a try. I'm afraid we aren't the best of company right now...we are kind of zombie-like at times! But, it was nice to have visitors. After Grandma and Grandpa left, we went for a walk (they brought the stroller with them). It was between rain storms, but it was nice to get out. LJ cried, then quieted down, then cried. It is like he knows when we are closing in on the house and he starts to get fussy! After the walk, I ate...then RJ ate...then my Mom got here...then LJ ate and he's been asleep every since (finally!). Now it is 9:15 and we are going to try to go to bed...I'll let you know how it goes!
Oh, and we've used over 50 diapers since LJ came home from the hospital on Tuesday! WOW! And, we sang Happy Birthday to LJ at 3:52 this afternoon...such fun!
Sunday, November 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad to hear that things are calming down and you are getting some good sleep. Every nap helps!
Lena
Post a Comment