Friday, November 12, 2004

Pizza for Dinner

I woke up at 4:30 this morning humming Lyle Lovett tunes and thinking about having the baby. See, I have never been in the hospital for anything (other than to visit someone), so the unknown of how that will go is really the most bothersome. And to think that I will be one of those ladies you see on TV (if you watch these delivery shows) actually in labor and having a baby. Maybe I should pretend I am on TV so that I act mentally strong? I'll think about that some more. At any rate, I couldn't get back to sleep...so I got up and ate a bowl of Oh's! Oh's! are so good...really one of the best cereals. You have to eat them regularly to keep the roof of you mouth toughened up because they are one of the more abrasive cereals. Once I had a full tummy and a little chill (it was only 63 in the living room) I was able to go back to the cozy bed and fall asleep.

I did call the doctor this morning to find out the whole procedure for Saturday. I'll spare you most of the details, but we call the hospital at 8:00 pm to make sure they have a bed for me. If they do, I go in and it all begins. Sunday should be the day that the baby is born. I'm not sure how long I'll get to stay at the hospital, but there is NO WAY I will leave before Monday...and if I can stay Monday night I plan to do that too. I figure I want access to people who know what they are doing (as I don't) and who have drugs and other medical procedures at their fingertips...should they become desired or necessary. Of course, I've never been in a hospital, so I may want out of there ASAP!

RJ and I plan to eat pizza tonight...in our last attempt to coax Little Baby J out. We'll see if my brother is correct about the medical affects of pizza on establishing consistent uterine contractions!


Thanks to all the people who want to leave comments...they are fun for us to read! We were especially surprised to hear from Katharine & Justin (all the way from Australia)...thanks to KK for telling her about the blog. And, MB (all the way from Qatar)...you have to be pretty witty to come up with Ramadon for a name! This blog is so international!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might try combining laughter with pizza tonight by going to see the movie "The Incredibles". It's been getting rave reviews and is supposed to be a very funny, clever, feel good movie. It might distract you for a few hours, if you can sit still that long. I'm going to see it tonight myself.

Your commentary on toughening up the roof of your mouth cracked me up! That is so true.

KK