Wednesday, July 06, 2005

School's Out For Summer...

No, I'm not just humming Alice Cooper tunes this morning...although the song is running through my head. This is the first day of my extended summer vacation. I filed for my leave, turned in my grades, and tried to make my office look not-so-horrific before leaving yesterday. Now I am off until August 12th. YIPPEE! RJ thinks I'm going to go stir crazy...he may be right, but I'm willing to find out.

This morning, LJ woke up at 6:30, had his morning milk and then we went for a walk. Now, he's playing on the floor and waving to me as I pay a few bills, check e-mail (of which I had nothing good), and update his readers. He is about to have breakfast and I am about to have a cup of coffee.

Our weekend went as planned. The baby shower for LJ's Aunt S was very nice. It was fun to see almost everyone...by that I mean, almost all my family came, not that it was not nice to see all the family who did come! Sunday and our backyard party at the boss's went well too. KK arrived late Monday morning while LJ was napping. He took a 2 hour nap that morning/early afternoon, so we were hungry when we finally went to eat lunch at that place that has the incredible tuna salad that I craved while pregnant. After that we went to a local museum and then came home. KK brought tons of little American flags and put them up the sides of our front walk, so we looked very festive!

LJ has been sleeping MUCH better...he'll usually go at least 8 hours at night...and sometimes the whole night without RJ's assistance. He naps rather well during the day AND about 75% of the time we can just put him in his crib and he falls asleep by himself! So, all the Js are sleeping much better.

No comments: