I will keep you in suspense re: more magic...first, a "this old house" update. The leaky tub was indeed put back together in an "overnight fix" state and all of us were showered (ok, I elected to take my shower this morning...you ladies know that you can't really sleep well on wet hair and it was too late and I was too tired to consider the arduous task of blow drying) and in bed by 10:30. Not too late considering the amount of work that was done. Today, the "permanent fix" (are any home repairs really permanent)…the now-unleaky-tub pipe is joined with the now-unleaky-toilet pipe and the leaks are fixed. I think we are about to have a toilet again...we have been toilet-less for about 3 ½ hours. I'm ready to give it a try, so I hope I am correct in my estimation that it is almost useable again. Tomorrow, the house will be "leveled" - we are pier and beam and some of the beams were sagging, so RJ and Uncle B are jacking these beams up (RJ determined the appropriate heights a long time ago) and putting blocks under for support. Oh, and I'm hoping the holes (yes, there is more than one now) in the floor will have more substantial covers. Then, I think they are going to work on the back deck (if it doesn't rain). This is all necessary work and it is good that it is getting done!
LJ has been sitting himself up ALL day. He seems very content to be able to do this...it entertains him. He napped for 2 ½ hours this morning - with all the work going on...so this was great! He also napped for 1 ½ hours this afternoon...also great.
Here is what you have been waiting to read...you are thinking, "What is with the title of this post MJ?" So, I will reward you for sticking with it, reading all of this, acting interested in our home repairs, and not skipping right to the bottom.
...Last night, I fed LJ some avocado. He didn't seem to care for it too much - if his facial expressions are any indication. I think it might have been too thick for him. But, I managed to get 8-10 bites in him. Last night, he slept from 9:00 (he got to bed late) - 6:30...YIPEE!!!! Needless to say, I have already fed him avocado tonight. See, even if he doesn't really like it, he opens his mouth whenever a spoon comes near, so I have the advantage in this situation. I did mash it really well and I added a little water to thin it out a little. I have no idea if there is some nutritional property in avocado that would help sleep, but someone asked about it on the message board I read and I decided it could not hurt to try. I'll let you know if avocado does the trick tonight too!
Sunday, July 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bob Vila here (actually, I have always been more partial to Norm Abram!) Anyway, Uncle B and I did indeed make progress on the home. All of the leveling is not finished and neither is the deck complete, but... we made progress! That counts for something, right?
LJ has been doing his part by being a GREAT sleeper lately. Last night he only "talked" (fussed) about once or twice, and he quickly put himself back to sleep. I did get up one of those times to give him his pacifier and roll him onto his side. He is so cute to look at while he is sleeping that I catch myself staring at him soemtimes.
Hopefully more work will be forthcoming on the home! You can all enjoy the progress when you come to visit!
--RJ
Post a Comment