LJ has become an early riser and by early I mean 5:00 – 5:30 am. This is earlier than any of us would care to wake, but we don’t seem to have much choice. Thursday, LJ woke at 5:30 and we managed to keep him somewhat quiet until 6:20. At 6:20, I gave up and brought him to the living room for his morning milk. As normal, I turned on the TV...but we found that the London tube had had a not-so-normal and not-so-nice morning. I immediately tried to remember if any of these stations are stations I have heard M&B talk about, but none sounded familiar…they didn’t sound unfamiliar either. I figured that this had all happened about 4-5 hours earlier, so surely I would be able to check my e-mail and find a message from M or B telling us that they were all right. LJ finished his milk; I went in to tell RJ the news and then headed for the computer. Sure enough, there was a message from B telling us that she and M (and B’s mother and aunt) were all fine. So, that was a relief! We have explained to LJ that terrorists are evil.
With the knowledge that our London family was ok and that things did not seem to be escalating, LJ and I went for our morning walk. LJ tried to fall asleep, but I would not let him. I can’t have him thinking that he can wake up at 5:30 only to take a nap at 7:30! In fact, LJ did not nap until 9:30 and he slept until 11:30…he has been taking a good 2-3 hour nap in the AM this week. LJ’s Aunt M came to town and we met up for lunch with RJ and then it was home for LJ’s afternoon nap…which lasted 1 ½ hours.
Today, LJ woke at 5:45 and RJ took him to the living room – I fell back asleep until 7:20. Dear reader, I have not slept until 7:20 in a LONG time! We all 3 went for our morning walk as RJ took the day off to get some work done around the house. This is a double-edged sword…it is nice to have RJ home and to have him working on the back porch project BUT this includes loud noises that kept LJ from napping as he would normally nap!
We decided to try peas again. Last time we did peas (about 5 weeks ago) they did not agree with LJ, but this time around, he seems to be tolerating them well. Other than this, we have not introduced a new food in a while…except that I made some custard the other night and he had a few bites of that. He doesn’t appear to like any one food over another…he opens his mouth like a little bird for anything that comes near. But, I think he appears most eager for bananas.
This weekend, we are back to MawMaw’s house and are looking forward to a weekend at the lake. And, I haven’t gone stir-crazy yet!
Friday, July 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay for fun weekends at the lake!
There is something about the time starting with a "5" that makes it soooooo early, much to early for anyone (even a baby) to get out of bed.
Chrissy
Post a Comment