LJ's cousin DL (my sister M's oldest) had a peculiar fascination when he was a young toddler. Whenever the "Law & Order" theme would play, he'd drop whatever he was doing and stare intently at the television. It was like one of those spooky mind control things from "The Manchurian Candidate". But, it was also very funny to watch. LJ has been demonstrating a similar fascination for a couple of months now (I guess he's not technically a toddler, since he doesn't toddle...but he is army crawling forward now.) LJ's "Law & Order" is...the Countrywide Home Mortgage Commercial. It has a man with blondish hair and several blocks of different colors on the screen...and there is a little tune that plays in the background. I don't know if it is the tune, the colors, or the sound of the man's voice, but when this commercial comes on...LJ drops everything and stares at the TV. Everything includes playing, nursing, crying...everything. He does smile and laugh at some point, so I think he enjoys the commercial which makes me feel less spooked by it.
I don't want to jinx anything, so let's leave it at...sleeping has been super this week.
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am currently captivated by two different commercials. In order of air date - the original Cingular commercial "More Bars Everywhere", the tune and the imagination of seeing those bars in increasing order all over the place is facinating. The second is the music from the Vonage(sp?) commerical. You know the one - the little kid is in the back yard swinging the bat and he lets go of it and it flies through the patio door. It's the music that I like, it most likely irritates everyone else.
I too am sleeping well at night.
Big Bro
Post a Comment