Saturday, July 16, 2005

New Skill

In the last 2 days LJ has mastered the skill that I thought would be most difficult…getting into a seated position from his tummy. This is a skill that is listed as a milestone in the “What to Expect the First Year” book, but I was having trouble picturing how he would do this. He has figured it out…I guess he knew it was something on which he was supposed to be working…he is a smart boy after all!

Right now, LJ has seated himself and is playing with the air compressor hose. See, LJ’s Uncle B is in town helping RJ work on the house. Since it has been raining (thank The Lord), they aren’t working on the back deck, but are working on our leaky bathtub and toilet. This has caused them to remove an even bigger slab of the bathroom floor and thus requires a larger rug (to cover the plywood that will be the floor until the “replacing the bathroom floor project” gets to the head of the queue). So, at 5:30, LJ and I went to Target to buy a bigger rug and to stop at Sonic for drinks for the guys (you know how important those sonic drinks are). I came home to “Gone to Lowe’s” scratched onto a napkin on the dining room table. I should count myself lucky to have gotten a note at all. It is now 7:40, LJ needs to go to bed, dinner is ready to be eaten, and there is no drain in the bathtub (thus, no showers for adults) AND there is a huge hole in the bathroom floor (remember, we needed the bigger rug…). I’m sure the remaining work to remedy the hole and the lack of shower will be noisy…and remember…it is LJ’s bed time!

Crawling is still to come, BUT he did move each knee forward once…in succession yesterday. We have the video camera ready…with new tape even.

No comments: