Tuesday, July 12, 2005

LJ's First Boat Ride

LJ rode on a boat for the first time Monday! I know this is a "first" that every proud parent documents...or maybe not. We had to search for an infant life jacket before this great event could commence. It wasn't too hard to find and once we were home we zipped little LJ into it and got in the boat. I don't think he was too thrilled...the life jacket is confining and makes his head sit "just so"...and "just so" isn't a way that he likes to hold his head. But, he was a good sport and we got some cute pictures.

LJ's lake vacation was great...he enjoyed playing with his cousins and his aunts and uncles. It was great for us (parents) to have people who were excited to play with him and hold him. He is at the age where he seems pretty tough, so I was able to really relax and let them all play with him...out of my sight even! Aunt KJ and MawMaw"baby sat" for about an hour while I went on the boat with all the skiers and tubers. That was fun...I like to ride on the boat, but skiing doesn't really do anything for me. RJ "perfected" his slalom and had a good time testing new techniques. The other RJ (my brother) pulled all the skiers and tuber and had as good a time as PawPaw used to have...trying to get the skier or tuber to either demonstrate great skill or fall off due to his fancy driving. Of course, he gave them time to enjoy themselves before the antics began.

Ok, I REALLY think LJ is about to crawl...now he rocks on all fours. I guess my "10-Day Guarantee" was off, but I'm serious this time!

2 comments:

thesharester said...

aww i'm bummed i missed out on the lake fun. i went tubing last week at camp, and remembered riding the ski bob back in the day and holding on for dear life. send me some pics! miss you guys...

Anonymous said...

the lake WAS really fun! i agree with you 100% that he'll be crawling soon!