Friday, July 01, 2005

Magic Pajamas? - This is for Chrissy!

Would you believe that those pajamas are not magic after all? We were so sure that they were, but on Wednesday night, LJ was up a couple of times, so Thursday night (last night) we put him in different pjs. It is kind of a relief…I didn’t want to buy into the superstition, but it was so tempting. This is probably a sin. Oh, and last night was pretty good. He slept until 4:30 and then needed a little help to get back to sleep…after which he slept until 7:15. Prior to his earlier success we would have considered last night a huge improvement, so we have to remember our roots!

Poor LJ though…he demonstrated that he didn’t NEED to eat in the middle of the night, so we have not fed him in the middle of the night. When he has woken up, RJ has helped him go back to sleep and that is that. So, we are on the road to LJ’s sleeping well on his own. We are without swaddle and without night time feedings, so it is only a matter of time and we will be without night time waking. Although, I’ve had many parents tell me that children wake up in the night for YEARS, but certainly this isn’t every night…or, certainly I won’t have to know about it every night?

Oh, and I must add that RJ has been quite successful at just putting LJ in his crib and then LJ falls asleep on his own. When I have done this, LJ has played nicely in his crib…for an hour, but no nap OR he has wailed and I have gone in to help him. I guess there are some things at which daddy is just better!

This weekend we have BIG plans. Saturday we are going to MawMaw’s house for the day to have Aunt S’s family “baby shower”. Her little girl is due in August! Sunday, we have a little back yard bar-b-q to attend. And, Monday LJ’s Godmother, KK is coming to visit for the day. We are going to try to get to the fireworks Monday night, but we’ll have to see how little LJ is doing that late in the day.

Happy Independence Day to all you Patriots!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity re: the not-so-magical pjs. Excellent progress, though, LJ!! No midnight snacks and no swaddling - what a mature baby you are. We are blessed, because it has been a long time since Annie has needed our assistance to fall back to sleep in the middle of the night. Have fun with KK.
Chrissy