I'm not gonna lie - I wasn't looking forward to today. The getting home is the not-so-happy part of the vacation for me - and this is the middle day of the process. Plus, this day was 6 hours and 45 minutes of driving (Tallahassee to Baton Rouge), so once you factor in stopping for lunch, to go to the bathroom, etc. I'm thinking about an 8 hour day. I was excited to find out that there is a P.F. Chang's in Baton Rouge, so we had that to look forward to.
And, get this - PJ did not wake up until 7:40 this morning...and LJ not until 7:50! We got everything together, went down to eat breakfast, and were out the door and on the road by 9:30. PJ took a decent morning nap and LJ played pretty quietly in the AM. We ate at Cracker Barrel in Pensacola (the same CB we visited on our way to our beach house)...and we bought LJ a car kit with magnets and scenes you can create and he played with that during PJ's afternoon nap...until he eventually fell asleep himself.
One great surprise that happened (that I forgot would happen) was that we got back to central time! This netted us an hour gain...sweet! Even though the time in the car was the same, the fact that we picked up an hour really lifted my spirits.
Jfer woke up from her morning nap in kind of a grumpy mood - she alerted us to it and we are grateful and surprised that she mad it this far into our trip before getting grumpy!
We arrived at our Homewood Suites in Baton Rouge around 4:30 - which was great because we could take showers before our last super-meal of vacation. When we got to our room, we had our second great surprise today - we had a 2 bedroom suite! So, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths...this is a terrific surprise!
We did indeed shower and then went to eat dinner...it was Jfer's first time at P.F. Chang's and I think she liked it. The kids were pretty well-behaved considering their tired clocks were still on Eastern Time. Now we are performing our daily ritual of blogging, checking e-mail, and watching TV. Tomorrow we will drop Jfer off at the airport and then head for home...I think we'll all be glad to get there! I can only hope the boys continue to be great in the car!
Monday, June 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment