Yesterday was rather uneventful - we walked in the AM again, but were a bit later as PJ slept until 7:30...so we ran into a little bit of going-to-work traffic. Breakfast was fruit smoothies and peanut butter toast (LJ eats peanut butter toast every morning...he requests it - boring, but he eats most of it) and then the kids played until PJ's nap time. LJ and I did a puzzle and played a little until I stopped to make a photo collage of our trip to the beach. RJ came home for lunch, I finished the laundry, the kids napped, I watched some of Top Chef, MawMaw stopped by to chat and then I made dinner...see, nothing too eventful - just regular, daily stuff.
Then, we went to the video store to rent a movie for LJ. I decided he might like Mary Poppins and it is really cute when he says "Ma-ry PoppINS"...he has yet to watch it, so the verdict is still out. When we pulled into the parking lot, I unbuckled LJ and waited for him to get out. The next thing I know, he's coming out head first instead of feet first. I caught him - mostly, so was surprised to see blood coming out of his mouth. Of course, he was crying. RJ and I wiggled each of his teeth and determined he bit his lower lip. He recovered quickly, but wanted to tell everyone we saw about how he got hurt. We rounded out the evening with a trip to the cookie-contest store for a cookie...the contest is this Saturday, so his reign as cookie king will be challenged and the free cookies may end...but, we hope he'll win again this year (but, we're doubtful...he's in the 3 - 6 year old bracket).
Friday, June 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
here's hoping a sore lip won't keep LJ from back-to-back cookie championships!
I'm so impressed that you blogged again. I like this... but I know you're just trying to keep up with me.
Tell LJ I LOOOOOVE Mary PopPINS. And that I am sorry about his bloody lip : ( Miss ya'll!!
sooo did he win yet or what??
I eat peanut butter toast every morning for breakfast also :) Or, a pb&j sandiwch. it's not boring at all. muchos grasas y proteinas.
Post a Comment