Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day, so far...

We let RJ sleep in while we went to the grocery store to buy some bacon...we had forgotten to buy it earlier in the week and we celebrate most special days by eating some bacon! We also picked up some flowers and some other of daddy's favorite things...a car magazine, some Ramen noodles, and a coffee mug with his name on it. When your kids are young, your gifts are interesting. We had already gotten some salt water taffy, some special sodas, and made him a photo book with pictures of each child at 1 month, 2 months, etc. so that he can see the similarities and differences. We arranged all of this loot on the table and started cooking the bacon, eggs, and sticky buns. I admit after watching the sticky bun episode of Throwdown with Bobby Flay on the Food Network, *I* was really wanting some sticky buns. The recipe calls for making the bread - you know, with yeast and rising and all of that? I decided to buy cinnamon rolls in a can and just make the "goo" for the sticky buns. Needless to say, these did not turn out - they were messy, bubbling over, and half-raw by the time I thought the smoke detector might go off and surrendered. RJ put them in another pan and cooked them some more...which resulted in not-so-sticky sticky buns. But, the bacon was great! He read his magazine, I read the paper, the kids pretty much played together and then PJ went down for a nap. Now, I'm crashing from the sticky-bun sugar rush and RJ and LJ are outside taking the tractor off of the trailer. We are cooking brats and hot dogs for lunch and then, I imagine this afternoon will include naps for everyone - I really want to take a nap NOW!

1 comment:

Jennifer Josefy said...

Happy Father's Day RJ!! : )

I left you a present... It's on your back.