Whew - the longest (meaning the most daylight) day of the year is over. As any mother of small children knows - the kids going to bed while it is still so insanely light outside can be an issue. I can't count how many times LJ has said, "it isn't bedtime - it is still day outside"...or the like. Thankfully, from here on out, the day light will be getting shorter! Yippee!
PJ is certainly coming into his personality. He is saying more and more words, but also babbling with inflection...as he knows what he's saying, but we aren't getting it. He knows when he's doing something we might not like and he now runs away from us if he has something he wants to hold onto, but we are coming to get it from him.
Yesterday, LJ was walking around with RJ's work gloves, eye protection, and ear protection on...saying, "after dinner, we are going to TEAR DOWN THIS HOUSE!" It was hilarious, but we asked him why he wanted to tear down the house? He said, "because this house is too old and we need to build a new house." Then RJ would try to tell him that it would take a long time to tear down this house...how long did LJ think it would take? LJ thinks it would take 7 years. But, he also thinks that is the amount of time between dinner time and bed time. But, he is ready to TEAR DOWN THIS HOUSE! Another funny LJ-ism...he came in the house to get some water and he told me, "I'm going to get 3 bottles of water because I'm 3 thirsty." I thought this was very funny.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was thinking of having a summer solstice party, I am so happy it is finally going to start getting darker. We have a problem with Annie getting up when the sun rises here...at 5:15 am right now. Thankfully she has reached the point where she is too tired to get up at the break of dawn.
Chrissy
: ) awww I miss my babies.
haha thats awesome....sounds like something off of extreme makeover home edition or the like, which i'm sure they could tear down this house super fast!
ahhhhhh i miss these children.
and now i am all sad that i won't get to see them this weekend :(
Post a Comment