PJ woke up at 6:30 and we only laid in bed for about 15 minutes after that - then we got ready for our big day at the Magic Kingdom. We ended up bringing 2 back packs to carry a change of clothes for the kids, diapers, wipes, water bottles, cameras, sunscreen, hats, etc. We got in the car and headed toward Disney. We stopped at a Chick fil a for some chicken minis and LJ played at the play park they had...with some other kids who were also headed to Disney.
At 9:05 we pulled into a parking spot in "Pluto" on row 16 and were told several times to remember this...which we did. It was a short walk to the Tram that would take us to the Tickets & Transportation Hub. We bought our tickets after chit chatting with the ticket sales lady and then boarded the Monorail to Magic Kingdom. So far, everyone is excited and we've had a very easy time of it so far.
We arrived at Magic Kingdom and right as we entered, we rented a double stroller. They gave us a half-sheet cardstock with our name on it so we would know it was our stroller for the day. You can park your stroller anywhere off to the side throughout the park and come back to it when you are finished with your ride. We walked through Main Street USA - which is pretty much just dining and shopping and walked right through the center of the castle to get to Fantasyland.
The first ride we rode was Dumbo. We waited maybe 10 minutes and in that time we sun screened up and got acclimated. LJ and I rode Dumbo together - we got an orange one because orange is LJ's favorite color (although about 2 weeks ago he said, "I've changed my mind about orange, I think green is my favorite color today") and LJ liked that he could pull the lever up or down to make us go up or down. PJ, RJ, and Jfer seemed to enjoy the thrill of the ride too!
After Dumbo we rode Cinderella's Golden Carrousel. I strapped PJ onto a horse and stood next to him while RJ, LJ, and Jfer all got on their own horses. By this time, PJ was an hour past his normal naptime, so he was a bit cranky until the carrousel started - he liked going up and down.
Next, we stopped at the Mad Tea Party and rode the tea cups. We all got in one cup together and PJ and LJ both loves spinning round and round and round - I tried to keep my eyes on a spot so as not to trigger a dizzy spell. LJ wanted to ride again - and we could have - there was seriously no line...we walked right on, but PJ was tired and we wanted to see if he would go to sleep if he was in the moving stroller.
So, we headed to Mickey's Toontown Fair, but stopped at Tommorrowland's Indy Speedway so RJ and LJ could race around the track. Jfer got PJ to sleep by gliding his stroller in a shady spot and I poised myself to take a photo as RJ and LJ sped around my side of the track.
When they came off the race track, LJ said that he wanted to ride a roller coaster, so we headed into Toonstorwn and RJ, LJ and I rode The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm. Once again, we had virtually no wait - we practically walked right on the ride. I was anxious to see how LJ would react - RJ video taped him - LJ loved it...he was laughing and screaming with glee the whole time. We exited to the ride to find PJ still asleep and Jfer catching up on her texting! She was so great to stay with PJ so much.
Next, we caught the Walt Disney World Railroad Train and took a ride around the park - Jfer stayed with PJ who was still asleep...and no strollers allowed on the train. LJ liked the train and will likely tell you it was his favorite ride.
Right next to the train is Mickey's Country Home, so we took a tour and at the end - got to meet Mickey and Minnie. LJ loved them and talked and danced while we took picture. PJ warmed up to them and, according to RJ and Jfer - he said, "Mickey Minnie" after the meeting...I was walking ahead, so I didn't hear it, but the sound very convincing when they tell the story.
LJ wanted to go into the "house with the hearts" which is Minnie’s Country Home, so I went in the souvenir shop - I bought mouse ears with embroidered names for Jfer (in pink) and LJ and PJ (in white). We also bought a coffee mug (which we collect on trips) and a magnetic "story book" for LJ. They had this "Mr. Potato Head" outfitter and I wanted to by some mouse ears for Mr. Potato Head, but you couldn't buy them separately - you had to dress a potato head and then buy the whole thing...so forget it. On the way out of Toontown, we rode the Barnstormer roller coaster one more time.
Then we headed back to Fantasyland where we had our first encounter with a Fast Pass with Mickey's PhilharMagic - you can get a card that tells you when to come back and then, when you come back - you don't have to stand in line...the Fast Pass has its own line and it let's you get on rides quickly. While we waited for our time, we had lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus. LJ and PJ shared PB&J, grapes, applesauce, and milk. I had a cheese pizza and Jfer and RJ both got chicken nuggets or something like that.
After lunch, we headed over to Mickey's PhilharMagic, but the line was so short, we didn't need to use our Fast Pass. This is 3-D movie with many Disney characters and songs. You wear 3-D glasses and there are scents they release in the air - like cinnamon when there is a pie on the screen. They also spray water or puff air at you at appropriate times. LJ was a bit scared by the Lion King lions roaring out at him in 3-D. PJ was kind of scared and clung to me, but both boys did great.
Next was It's a Small World - we had to wait about 5 minutes before boarding the ride and it has not changed in the 30 years since I've been. LJ liked it and PJ sat pretty still.
Frontierland began with us collecting a Fast Pass to Splash Mountain and then heading over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad roller coaster. You must be 40" to ride and LJ is over that, so RJ, LJ and I rode while Jfer thought she might be able to get PJ to take another nap. She was wrong, but they watched a parade go by while we rode our coaster. LJ kind of liked it, but this roller coaster spent a lot of time in the dark as it is supposed to be a runaway train in a mine. He didn't like being in the dark, but he likes the ride part of it.
When we got off the ride, we couldn't find Jfer and PJ (because they were watching the parade), so RJ looked for them while LJ and I got an ice cream bar shaped like Mickey's head. It was like an Eskimo Pie and once we found PJ, he loved eating it too - we got some pictures of the kids with ice cream all over their faces.
Once we finished our ice cream, it was time for RJ, LJ and I to use our Fast Pass for Splash Mountain. Once again, LJ liked the ride just fine - he just did not like being in the dark. We didn't get wet at all - and we were glad!
We stopped off to see the Country Bear Jamboree on our way to the Haunted Mansion. I remember the bears from my last visit - this time - they really just seem bizarre. Truly odd.
I didn't think we should go to the Haunted Mansion because LJ had not liked the dark...but RJ wanted to see how different it is now. We got right in (Jfer was acting a little scared herself) and LJ made RJ hold him and LJ buried his head in RJ's neck the whole time. The effects were pretty cool, but I hope these kids don't have nightmares!
Then we headed to Tomorrowland and picked up Fast Passes to Space Mountain. It is about 5:30 by now - we have some drinks and then head over to the ride. Jfer and RJ rode Space Mountain together first while I stayed with LJ and PJ. Then RJ and I rode while Jfer bought the boys some cotton candy and took them over to the train. Space Mountain is WAAAAAY cool - I could ride that a few more times.
We decided to end our day by taking the train around park ending at Main Street where we got off, to the Monorail to Tram and then the Tram to Pluto 16. LJ was still being very good...walking well and holding my hand with minimal complaining. PJ, who had been stellar despite his lack of sleep, was getting cranky. We weren't in the car 5 minutes when PJ was sound asleep...LJ was asleep within 10 minutes. When we got back to the hotel...around 8:00, we gave the kids quick baths and PB&J for dinner. PJ did not eat his - he just wanted to go to bed. LJ ate his, but he was so tired and when he went to bed he was asleep within 5 minutes. Jfer went to one of the restaurants on site and picked up a pizza for us. We also introduced her to canolli - I think she's a fan! RJ went to meet a work-friend and I'm finishing this entry. I'm exhausted, so I'm going to go to bed.
We are amazed at how well the day went - despite not napping, both boys behaved great and we only had to deal with crying as we were trying to get to our car. It wasn't crowded - we think the park closing at 7:00 discouraged a lot people from coming today - great for us! We could not have asked for a better "1 day at Disney" day!
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds like a great time. i love reading details!!!
thanks for letting me be a part of a very magical day at Disney World! I LOVED it!! : )
Post a Comment