Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday, May 30

PJ woke up at 6:00 - I guess he's adjusted to the time change and is now waking at his "normal" time. It was nice when he slept until 7:00 last week. We watched TV for a little while and then RJ and I got ready and Jfer got the kids ready for breakfast. I heard that she took the kids to a restaurant (on site) that has a buffet and the kids eat for free...she thought that sounded good - and the kids' section had a playground (LJ has been talking about going back there all night). I think she realized that it was going to be impossible for her to go through a buffet with two kids to watch, but I think there was some wait staff who helped her out. I'm pretty sure she's realizing that she surely does not want to have kids in the near future! They played at the pool and LJ made new friends. I think this trip has confirmed that LJ could stand to have a more healthy aversion to strangers...right now, he has no aversion at all.

Today was the last day of our conference and RJ and I spent the day talking to people and attending sessions. We ended the day by going to eat dinner with some friends from Clemson. PJ is in bed, LJ is watching Curious George and Jfer went to get dessert with the student leader we brought.

Last night, I looked to see what time Magic Kingdom opens and closes. Would you know that tomorrow it is closing early - at 7:00 pm - because they are having a "princess and pirate" treasure hunt special occasion from 7:00 pm - midnight...it is an extra cost $40.00 per person. Whatever. I'm telling you, Disney has figured out everything you *might* want to do and has built in a way to charge you for it. So, we are going to show up at 9:00 am and stay as long as PJ can take it (hey, maybe he'll nap in the stroller - right.) then come home for naps and go back until 7:00 - I hope it isn't insanely crowded, but I'm mentally preparing for it.

1 comment:

thesharester said...

hope your conference went well and that you are still having a blast on your vacation. i've enjoyed reading about each day.