We intended to leave by 8:30 and swing by to pick up Jfer on our way out of town...of course, this did not happen. It was around 8:00 that we finally decided to put our hands on the back-pack-that-you-carry-a-small-child-in and we could not find it. I determined it might be in the travel trailer -which is a 40 minute round trip...in the wrong direction for where we were headed. RJ packed up the car - complete with our new hitch carrier - and then went to get it. We left the house after checking everything off of my list and got to Jfer's around 10:15. PJ had already fallen asleep by the time we got there.
The trip in the car was somewhat uneventful. RJ was happy to have Jfer in the car because she actually called the 800 number to complain about a trucker blocking the lane so no one could pass prior to an impending merge...a major pet peeve we encounter on every road trip. I had packed lunch sack in which I put snacks, a juice box and a toy for each child. I decided that each child would get one on each leg of the trip...at a critical moment where none of us could take any more. These bags were an anticipated excitement for LJ and managed to keep everyone occupied for 30 minutes. Of course, we ate lunch at the Cracker Barrel and LJ had great fun looking at all of the toys and candy in the gift shop.
We arrived at our first destination - a hotel half-way to our final destination - around 7:00. PJ went to bed and LJ, Jfer and I explored the kid pool. Then LJ went to bed - in fact, we were all in bed by 9:45.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment