Ok, so today PJ woke up at 6:15...this time zone...which we've adjusted to, to I'll cease to act as though the time difference really matters. Except to say that PJ has totally adjusted...except in the morning waking...we've been really lucky in that he's slept until 7:00 while here - his usual waking time is somewhere in the 6:00 hour. Basically, PJ has been sleeping an hour later - great for vacation!
RJ let me sleep in a bit, but I was up by 7:00 because we were going to head to Money Bayou to catch crab. RJ hadn't fed the kids any breakfast, so we all had to subsist on some kind of cereal bars or - nothing at all. Fine for a little while, but we did not crab for just a little while. Everyone was happy and crabbing...and we actually caught one kind of quickly. Our goal was 6 - so that we could justify keeping them. Not much time passed before LJ says he has to go to the bathroom. It is hard to judge when he really needs to go vs. when he wants to stop doing something and knows going to the bathroom will shift the activity vs. when he wants to see a new bathroom. So, we told him to hold it - and he agreed to do so. Not too much longer passed when he informed us that he was going to have to go #2 in his pants if he didn't go to the bathroom. RJ took PJ and LJ and they left to find a bathroom. Jfer and I continued to crab and we were moderately successful - we netted another one. But, then we ran into a bit of a snag...we just couldn't coax the crabs we were getting into the net. It was like they knew just how far to come and then let go of the chicken. Plus, we had not yet perfected our net skills. So, we either could have had 8 crabs - or we could have caught the same crab 8 times...either way, we caught nothing. All the while, I'm started to get really hungry, the sun is starting to beat down on me, and I'm getting a headache from my lack of coffee this morning. RJ and the kids have been gone for over an hour, so I can't wait for them to get back so we can leave. When the finally get back, RJ wants to try to crab a bit longer...I'm not happy about it, but I can understand, so I go along...but, I didn't put PJ in his backpack because I didn't think we were staying too long. (also, it turns out they went to Burger King in the town 15 miles away - and ATE...grrr!) 45 minutes, 5 crabs and one spilled coke in the driver's seat of the car later - we left (to quote Jfer, "I'm not gonna lie" - I was in a bad mood.)
PJ fell asleep on the way home (it was past his naptime) and I stewed. When we got home, RJ transferred PJ to his crib and then he and Jfer went to the store to buy some more crab boil spices while I played "Don't Break the Ice" with LJ. LJ tries to break the ice, so this mean I have to put the ice back together a lot. Once they got home, we boiled the crabs and then ate the feast. Just between you and me...there isn't a lot of meat for all the work you have to do to get it...but, it was fun and it was an experience! I was exhausted, so I took a nap with LJ while RJ hung out with PJ until his naptime...and Jfer worked on her tan.
After naps, we headed to the beach for one last time this trip. RJ and LJ made yet another spectacular castle, PJ ate yet another pound of sand and Jfer and I added yet another layer of reddish tan to our skin. The ocean was super-clear and would you believe I saw a crab! The waves were not good for the boogie board - there really weren't any waves. PJ wanted to charge into the ocean, so he was a bit of a challenge.
We came home, got our showers and left for town by 6:40. We decided to eat out and then play at a park while RJ vacuumed out the car. We ate Chinese food and did just that. We didn't get home and get the kids to bed until 8:30 - this is an hour late, but they seemed ok. Now, we are doing the last loads of laundry so we can leave with clean clothes. We are planning to pack up in the morning and leave in time for PJ's morning nap...:-(
Here's to the next leg of our journey...!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment