Monday, May 05, 2008

Egg-Cracker

I came home from work this morning to the smell of freshly baked chocolate cake. YUM! It is a nice smell to be sure. LJ says, "Oh Momma, I'm so glad you're home - we baked you a cake." Great - what a sweet boy. Turns out, there was a reason for baking a cake at 10:00 in the morning...RJ showed me the pictures of LJ perched ON a stool next to the counter ON which there was a bowl IN which there were 4 eggs that LJ had cracked. The shells were in the sink and the eggs didn't have a single shell in them. Turns out, LJ wanted to make cookies, so he helped himself to some eggs in the refrigerator, got himself a stool and a bowl and started. I have no idea how he knows that eggs might go in cookies and I have no idea how he decided on 4.

I applaud RJ for making a cake - I would have made scrambled eggs.

I asked RJ if he got onto LJ about it and he said that he didn't get onto him too hard because he did such a good job and RJ was actually pretty impressed. He did tell LJ that he shouldn't do that again. Hopefully, that will do the trick.

I'm sure when LJ is featured on Food Network after his successful training at the Culinary Institute of America and his meteoric rise to fame - we'll use the pictures and the story to illustrate how we knew he was headed for cooking greatness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No comments!?! You people are outrageous. A not even 4 year old perfectly cracked 4 eggs all by himself. Bravo, young cousin! Just don't do it without your parents' permission next time.