We woke up around 7:00 at "our's new place" (what LJ calls any hotel - this one was a Homewood Suites) and the Js went to eat the complimentary breakfast while Jfer took a shower. RJ took the kids to the kid's pool - which was really great for kids...1 foot deep with about 10 little fountains in it - while I packed up the insane amount of stuff we had to have just to spend one night. We loaded up and left the hotel by 9:15...and started the final day of the first leg of our drive. PJ feel asleep pretty quickly and slept all the way through Mississippi and Alabama. LJ did not sleep and seemed as though he might have been trying to be just naughty enough to wake up PJ...because I had told him he could have his sack-of-fun after PJ woke from his nap. We ate lunch at Cracker Barrel Pensacola and then figured we only had about 2.5 hours left before we reached our destination...
We were wrong...this was a case against the typical notion that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Do NOT drive on 98 if you don't have to. It is that simple. I cannot imagine what this road is like during Spring Break - we are talking insane traffic and you are never moving a highway speeds. We did this for about an hour before we bailed and headed north so we could move east. Once we did this...there was little traffic and we made much progress. We stopped at Subway for dinner and arrived at our beach house around 7:00 - which was now 8:00. We explored the house, unloaded the car, got LJ set up in his room and PJ set up in our room...and the kids went to bed. Jfer and I got out our computers to touch base with civilization...then I turned the computer over to RJ and Jfer and I watched Top Chef.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment