Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday!

And this means the weekend is right around the corner. When RJ comes home from work today, he'll be home for many many many hours in a row! This is great.

Let's see - Wednesday - I managed to get a pot roast and some veggies into the crock pot, so we had a home cooked meal for dinner. I also got caught up on the laundry, so we had clean clothes to wear. All the children napped during nap time, so I actually folded the laundry and put it away too.

Thursday morning - LJ woke up at 5:45 and "had blurry eyes", thought it was 6:45 and woke up PJ as they only had 15 minutes until time to get up...except they really had 1 hour and 15 minutes. Sooo...this was highly annoying. We had a talk in which we determined that, no matter what time you wake up, you should not wake up your brother. RJ took the boys to school - they had Lunch Bunch, so they get to stay for lunch and play after school. This allowed me to spend the morning taking a shower, drying my hair and putting on make-up - while tending to and nursing REJ in between all of that. Then, I left to pick up RJ for lunch. We ate a nice lunch while REJ napped in her car seat the entire time. After lunch, we went to pick up the boys from school, dropped RJ back at work and came home for snacks. I told the boys they did not have to nap (it was 2:45 when we got home) *if* they could be nice to everyone...and bedtime would be early. They did a good job and the afternoon was pleasant.

Thursday evening - RJ didn't feel well - again. His stomach has been bothering him. With the stress of CRAZY work over the summer, the pending birth of our 3rd child, and a couple of stomach bugs - he's lost 16 pounds. If only it were that "easy" for me. The boys went to sleep quickly, but REJ was a crank. She pretty much cried from about 8:00 - midnight. Sure, there were breaks of 20 minutes here and there, but she was not in a pleasant mood. RJ worked with her until 11:30 when it was time for her to eat. In the late afternoon and early evening, she wants to nurse every 2 hours - which would be ok if she would then sleep. But, after the 11:30 nursing session, she fell asleep and slept until 5:20. The 5+ hours is not too shabby, but the 4 hours of fussing is not fun.

Today - I'm doing laundry...again. I need to play with PJ while LJ is at school. And, I'm trying to figure out what we are all going to wear for our church directory photo this afternoon. Hopefully *I* can find something for myself that isn't going to depress me when I see the picture AND hopefully REJ won't be crying for the photo shoot!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry that REJ has had cranky times..it's hard to picture her crying after seeing her laid back at your house! also sorry that RJ isn't feeling well. Hoping REJ is happy and awake for the portrait as well as the other 4 of you!! (if she isn't crying, probably someone else will be). The story @ Luke waking up early was hilarious. One time when i was his age i woke up, got dressed then woke up my parents only to find out it was Saturday. I am sure you'll have lots more funny stories for us to keep us readers entertained. Glad you and RJ got to have a good lunch together. Hope you can do that every Thursday!!