Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pink Lint!

People must be excited that we have a baby girl as many are being very generous in giving us clothes and other things pink! With a 3rd child, I'd imagine we have all the baby trappings we might need, but people are soooo correct - girl clothes are something of which we don't have many. We are enjoying opening every single package that comes, so thank you! I will get proper thank yous out - one day. I have washed the clothes as they've come in...and they have turned our dryer lint PINK. PINK. As I gathered it off the screen, there was blue underneath - and the lint turned a sort of purple color. But still - PINK.

Day 2 of being home by myself - with just REJ in the morning and all 3 in the afternoon...let's sum up with the words "one continuous juggling act". I had to get to the grocery store, so once the boys left with RJ for school, REJ and I got ready and went. I would not have dreamed of taking LJ to the grocery store at 1 week old. It was over-stimulating to say the least...loud music, people, lights, etc. I ended up holding a swaddled baby in one hand and pulling the cart with the other. She had to cry while I put the cold things away and THEN got to feeding her. Then I had to put her back in the car to head to a meeting I needed to have at work. It was short and RJ drove around the parking lot with her. Then, we went to pick up the boys...the school moms and friends of LJ and PJ were excited to see REJ! Both boys had taken pictures of themselves holding REJ to share with their class, so everyone at school knows they have a little sister.

Once home, I put REJ in the bouncy with the water running in the sink (not great for resources, but great for calming a baby) and made lunch for the boys and myself. REJ nursed while I ate a sandwich...this is how lunch has been. After lunch, I tried to get everyone down for a nap at the same time - REJ didn't cooperate, she wasn't fussy - she just wasn't ready for a nap right then...so, I didn't get a nap either.

The day wasn't bad - it is just that someone or something is always in the que needing attention. So...one continuous juggling act.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your baby girl. It must be exciting to have a baby girl in the family. Many happy times to you and RJ and the boys.

Becky

Anonymous said...

Some day you will remember these exciting from a new perspective - like I do. Glad you're "havin' fun." Mom

Anonymous said...

I left out a word. Add "moments", "days," or "times" between exciting and from!! Same author as above.

Anonymous said...

What about buying one of those small indoor fountains? Both you and REJ could enjoy the soothing sound of the water. Wish I had of had one for the kids. BJ's mom