Monday, September 06, 2010

Due Date

Well, here it is - my due date. I'm not holding my breath! I have yet to have a baby early or on time - 4 days late is my earliest. I see the dr. tomorrow and I suppose I'll schedule an induction date for some days in the future "just in case". Aunt K is in town this week - staying with M,B, and J...so it would be good to have this baby this week...that way I won't feel so badly leaving our kids there overnight - 3 kids and 3 adults! I have been having contractions and other signs of making progress, so it'll be interesting to see if I've progressed over the weekend.

LJ is having a difficult time adjusting to school this year. I say this because when we drop him off he hugs us A LOT and tells us he doesn't want to stay. When I ask him why, he says, "I'd rather be with you". This morning he got a little teary-eyed, but it wasn't a big scene or anything. I think it might be harder on him when RJ, PJ, and I are all there and he is "being left" - because it might seem like we are all going to hang out and do fun things and he's there. Also, the day is more structured and less "play" than pre-K, so he is probably thinking he'd rather be in his old class! Today he stays until 2:30 - for math and science (this was optional), so he has his lunch with him for the first time. He BEGGED to stay for lunch last year and seems excited about it...it is just a little tough in the morning...when we are actually dropping him off...for him to be happy about being there.

This 2:30 pick-up is a bit of a problem. In my mind, RJ was going to pick him up and bring him home, but now RJ has a meeting at 3:00 on Mondays. So, I guess I'll need to get PJ his lunch around 11:30, so I can get him down for his nap by noon or so. Then get him up at 2:00ish to go get LJ. LJ just won't have a nap on Mondays, but he only sleeps during his nap time about 3-4 days out of the week anyway, so I think he'll be fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On pins and needles!

KK