We are home again and into the routine of this week. This week, the boys are going to Summer Fun at their school...so, we are out of the house by 8:45 to get them there by 9:00. Ruth and I have time to get home, get Ruth her morning nap, and do a little something around the house before it is time to go pick them up at noon. Then, it is lunch and afternoon naps, except...
On Wednesday, Ruth and I had to go to the grocery store after we dropped off the boys. We had next-to-nothing in the house. I remarked to Richard that there is a lot of food in our house that, if we were home, I'd eat even if I hadn't touched it in a week, but being out of town for a week - all the food seems old and too iffy. By the time we got home from the store, Ruth was kind of past her prime nap time, but I got her down by 11:00. This was likely to conflict with needing to pick up the boys, so I called Richard and he came home, got the car with the car seats and went to pick up the boys. Ruth slept until 1:00, so that was a good call. The boys only got a 1 hour nap because we had to take Luke to his art lesson at 3:00. Ruth, Paul, and I ran over the the Catholic church to sign up for Vacation Bible School and then home for about 45 minutes before heading back out to pick up Luke. He is taking 2 art lessons from the Head Mistress of the school...Friday is the last lesson and it culminates with an art show. Luke has been rather tight-lipped about the art lesson...I think the art show is supposed to be a surprise! At any rate, this was a lot of driving around - I was exhausted and Ruth didn't get a good afternoon nap. She has been demanding our attention a bit more at night, so we are contemplating if something needs to be done about this.
Richard is musing over the kitchen remodel and trying to bring the pool back from pond-ville. He has almost succeeded and I think tomorrow the water will be clear again. Yesterday, in an attempt to water the hanging plants, he scared the 2 baby doves out of the next their momma had built in one of our plants. The birds didn't appear to be quite ready to fly the nest as 1 sat on the ground as the momma sat next to it. As Richard approached, the momma started acting like it had a broken wing...to be bait for the predator, but Richard caught the baby bird with a blanket and put it back in the nest. He did the same with the other baby and later that night momma was with them. There is always some adventure with wildlife at our house!
Thursday, June 09, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This story ended up being anticlimatic (except for the birds)
bc I thought maybe you were going to end up calling a taxi to go pick up the boys...or that Richard forgot to go get them or something. :)
Post a Comment