We still swaddle Ruth. There, I said it.
Actually, I don't think it is that big of a deal. She gets out of it and doesn't seem to have a fit doing so. What is probably worse is that we still rock her to sleep. This is the reason for the swaddle. She just wrestles around and sits up and smiles and plays if we try to 1) put her in her crib awake and/or 2) rock her... but when we swaddle her, she closes her little eyes and falls asleep while we rock. I don't think we've minded so far because, truthfully, whoever is doing the rocking is in a nice, quite, white-noised room and sitting in a comfy rocking chair. The alternative is being out in the house with 2 boys who talk talk talk talk talk. In other words, it is a relaxing break to rock the swaddled-Ruth to sleep.
But, we think it is time to get her to be able to fall asleep without our help. We suppose. If she weren't waking 2x in the night and needing our assistance, we probably wouldn't care, but she is, so we do. I think we've decided to start the Ferber tomorrow. As I recall, it all takes fewer than 3 days. It does make me sad to think about not rocking little Ruth anymore. Hmm - maybe I'll rethink this...she's only a baby for such a short time.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment