Thursday, December 09, 2004

Tears

LJ cried tears this morning! Sure enough, the What to Expect book says tears come around the end of the first month...LJ will be 4 weeks old on Sunday (I cannot believe it has been 4 weeks). This will probably tug at our heartstrings for a couple of days.

Yesterday was a very pleasant day. LJ slept all right the night before...he went about 4 hours between each feeding, but went right to sleep each time. LJ's Aunt MJ came to spend the day with us. She came last Wednesday too and I think she plans to come each Wednesday until I go back to work. She has to get her LJ "fix"! We went to Target and I bought a Boppy. I had been getting frustrated with using a pillow to support LJ while feeding, so I broke down and bought the Boppy. I think they are a little expensive, but I am already SOOO HAPPY I bought it. Feeding him yesterday and last night was so much more comfortable with it. LJ got fussy in Target...so much so I had to take him out of his car seat. Once I did, he filled his diaper and the fussing ended...until we were in the car. But, that fussing only lasted until he finally went to sleep. He still can't just fall asleep during the day...he has to fuss it out first. We all took a walk in the afternoon...it was a nice day even though it was cloudy and looked really cold.

RJ came home early as we were celebrating my birthday last night. My niece, nephew, and niece-to-be came over and we ordered Wing's-n-More. We ate that while RJ and I took turns trying to calm fussy LJ. He was ok, he just gets fussy sometimes. At 7:30 it was time for LJ to eat and RJ and I try to go to bed as soon as we can get LJ down, so we kicked out the college kids (who told us they would baby sit while RJ and I went to a midnight movie if we want...they are still up at that time! Ha! We told them we set an alarm to wake up to watch the 10:00 pm news the other night!). LJ ate at 7:45 and we didn't hear from him until 2:15. RJ and I went to bed at 8:30 ourselves, so we got some good sleep. LJ ate again at 5:15 and then 8:45 this morning. He has sat and looked around pleasantly...except when he needed to close his eyes...then he fussed. Now he is squirming and I know he needs his diaper changed. Then he'll eat and we'll go get RJ for lunch.

Is this what we do all day! So, when are babies able to just close their eyes when they are tired?

Have a happy day!

2 comments:

thesharester said...

thanks for letting us celebrate your birthday with you!

Anonymous said...

Get all of that going to bed at 8:30 stuff out of your system! If you don't, when LJ is old enough to know what is going on, he will make fun of you for having no stamina. He will also think you are old and have no concept of how to have fun in life. While I personally know that nothing good happens outside after 10 PM, all of the younger generation thinks that the time to become active is after 11 PM. They don't know what a joy it is to see the sun rise or to hear how quiet it is at 5:30 in the morning, or how great it is to get a good exercise workout before six in the morning.

As for you, get ready for the onslaught of some partying fools on the evening of Friday December 17th! We want to poke and prod LJ, but we only want to hold him when he is cute and cuddley and you have to ensure he sleeps through the night while we are there!

Big Bro