LJ is back to a more "normal" sleep schedule...which means he is getting to sleep pretty easily at night and going somewhere between 4 - 7 hours between feeding. I just got to add the 7 this morning because he went from 8:15 pm - 3:25 am last night! Then he wanted to eat again at 5:15! RJ held him off until 6:00 and I've pretty much been up ever since, but hey - I had 5 good hours, followed by almost 2 more.
RJ had off from work yesterday, so we finished up some Christmas shopping. We ran into LJ's uncle and ate lunch with him...that was an unexpected treat! I took a walk with LJ and we stopped at the neighborhood grocery store for a few items...LJ decided to howl and would not be pacified by the pacifier. But, you know what? I've come to understand a few things being on this side of parenthood. First, parents don't instantly remove their screaming child from public places because they have learned to tune out their child's cries until they hit a certain level. I always thought these parents were just insensitive to the fact that the general public doesn't want to hear their child cry. Second, I now know why parents of infants walk around with spit-up on their shirts. First, they probably don't know it is there and second, they probably don't really care and third, if they knew and cared they forgot about it before they had time to change clothes!
The following involves breastfeeding and bowel (LJ's, not mine) talk, so don't read if you don't want:
Remember the green diapers? Well, it is a good thing I have gotten over being worried about that because he still has them...probably one a day. Almost all of the diapers have some green, but we probably have one totally green one a day. He doesn't appear to be bothered by it and is gaining plenty o' weight.
I started experimenting with a new hold and latch on technique because I figure that after 5 weeks, my breasts really shouldn't be hurting so much. I have been doing this for about a day and a half and my breasts feel MUCH better. I was dreading feeding him! I have also been pumping a bit almost every day. At first, I'd get about 2-3 ounces total...now I'm up to 5 - 6. This is good and allows me to take a bottle out with me...and I don't have to limit all my outings to 1-2 hours. But, here is the million dollar question...how do I know how much to put in the bottle????? I don't want to thaw too much and waste precious milk, but I don't want him to be starving and fussy. How do you make this decision?
End of breastfeeding and bowel talk
That's all for today...gotta change a diaper (oops...I guess that is bowel talk!) ;-)
Wednesday, December 22, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
More breast feeding talk.........I always froze 4 oz per pack, so that way all I ever thawed was 4 oz at a time. If any of that went to waste, it wasn't a big deal compared to wasting a big 8 oz or so.
Lena
Post a Comment