Today has been pretty good...LJ has slept most of the day. He didn't have a lack of sleep last night, so I'm not really sure why he is so zonked today? It has made today very pleasant, but you can guess what I'm going to say next...I'm worried he won't sleep tonight! RJ says not to worry about it...and I'm not terribly worried...but at 2:00 am, if I've gotten little sleep...I'll be tired and cranky!
Nothing really note worthy to write about today, so I think I'll do a random thoughts...
It is very odd to think of the day in terms of how many feedings there are until RJ gets home from work. Seriously, my day passes in 2 1/2 - 3 hour increments...and it goes by pretty quickly.
This isn't a new thought, but...what do babies think about? I look at LJ and he seems to be thinking about something, but what could it be? He doesn't have much of a concept for anything at 4 1/2 weeks old, so how can he really think about anything?
I have noticed that he seems to be focusing on things...and faces a lot more. AND...he is smiling now. Not just that little "I have bubbles in my tummy" grin, but a full-faced, open-mouth grin. Mostly in the morning...I think he is a morning person...that is when he is the happiest. Just like his Mommy...and the opposite of his Daddy!
LJ has developed a slight case of cradle cap...it slightly mars his handsome visage. So, we read the book and it says to use mineral oil (baby oil) and massage it in with a brush...then shampoo out. We do this and the "shampoo out" didn't work too well. It has taken about 4 washes to get MOST of the oil out. This made his beautiful hair not-so-soft for a day or so. The cradle cap has relented a bit, but we still have some work to do.
RJ thinks LJ's legs are strong enough to stand if he could only find his balance. I guess the balance thing is what takes so many months to master.
All right, I'll let you know how the night goes...
Wednesday, December 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment