Well, here we are on the other side of our first weekend with overnight visitors. All-in-all, LJ was a pretty good boy and had a great time meeting his aunt, uncle, and cousins. He didn't fuss any more than normal and everyone (except one cousin who was a little sick earlier in the week) got to hold LJ while he was in good spirits. We had a very nice visit.
LJ slept in our room for the first time in 3 weeks. RJ and I did not sleep too well as 1) we are not as sleep deprived as we were 3 weeks ago or 2) LJ is a much more noisy sleeper than he was 3 weeks ago...or 3) both 1 and 2. He was grunting, snorting, groaning, and flailing most of the night and I think RJ and I heard every one of his noises! But, last night we were back to our routine and LJ slept in his room. He went 4 hours once, 5 hours once, and then 3 hours. If he was making all those noises, we couldn't hear him and RJ and I had a good night of sleep (well, as good as they get with a 5 week old!)
Yesterday, RJ and I took advantage of having our niece (who will stay with LJ on Fridays this spring semester) still in town...she babysat while we went to a movie. We were going to see National Treasure at 12:40, but decided we would rather go out to lunch with our family visitors...spend a little more time with them before they left. Plus, BigBro was paying ;-) So, we went to the 2:00 Ocean's 12 instead. We really didn't care what we saw...we were just excited to be going to the movies! If you've seen Ocean's 12 we'd like you to e-mail us as we want to know what YOU thought of it. (Don't post anything to the blog that might anger those who haven't seen it yet, but who plan to see it.) Anyway, I didn't see all the parts as I found myself waking up 4 different times...unaware that I had fallen asleep, but obviously I had. I asked RJ and I hadn't missed any crucial parts! Refer to paragraph 2 if you can't understand why I would fall asleep in a darkened room.
So, here we are, the week before Christmas. Many of you are starting your Christmas journeys this week or family members are making their way to your house. We pray for safe travels for all!
Monday, December 20, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OK, We would like details on how LJ behaved for his babysitter. From everything I saw, he is a well behaved little boy in spite of the fact that you allow him to be subject to second hand smoke in public places. We enjoyed our visit and since you left Wings and More before the check arrived it is just possible that no one paid for the food....
big bro
Post a Comment