Nope, LJ is definitely not afraid of thunderstorms. On Saturday evening, we had a doozy of a storm - complete with hail. SJ came over and played with LJ while RJ and I went to church. It poured rain and hailed for about an hour. LJ didn't get upset at all. After church, SJ stayed for dinner and told us all about her trip to London. It sounds like she had a great time...RJ and I are trying to figure out how to get over there. I think LJ would be great...once we got there...it is the plane ride that I'm not sure we want to tackle!
Sunday (and Saturday too), LJ would NOT nap. He wasn't upset (unless we were trying to make him take a nap)...he just didn't want to take a nap. I didn't think this would be good for him...he's a baby for goodness sake. And, he's far too young to be making these kinds of decisions. So, RJ and I tried to put him down several times. See, we were also trying to not swaddle him for his naps. By the end of the day, we gave up, swaddled him, and he took a nap. Apparently, he is not ready for the non-swaddled sleep. Last night, he slept from 8:30 - 6:00. He woke up at 2:00, made some noises, but went back to sleep. Same thing at 5:00. I only wish I could get back to sleep so quickly!
Today, it is storming, so LJ and I sat out on the front porch and listened to the rain. We also watched cars go by and I told him what make and model they were. I figure RJ will be glad about this...if I got them correct. Then LJ started to show signs of sleepiness, so I swaddled him and he is now napping.
This week we are looking forward to going to MawMaw's house for Easter. It will be our first over-night stay besides M&B's wedding...but that was staying in a hotel...this is our first stay in a house. Be careful, if it goes well, we may be coming to visit you next!
Monday, March 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And Maw Maw can hardly wait!! M and family left for Garner about ten after breakfast at McDonalds. While they were getting ready to leave I was on the phone dealing with JPZ situation. Looks like things are "moving on." Had an interesting interview this afternoon which I can tell more about en persona or by tele. We had the same (passing through, I guess) Tstorm on Sat. afternoon and another one this morning - 1". I thought the potential campers might just camp out here, but they pressed on. Lucy was a bad girl when I let her off to swim this morning, but she didn't get to far away and was caught playing ball with a worker down the street. He brought her home at my request. Looks like LJ likes that swaddling!! Keep it up! MM
Post a Comment