Wednesday, March 09, 2005

LJ's 4-Month Visit to the Doctor

LJ’s stats:
Height – 27 inches (this is “off the chart” – above the 100th percentile)
Weight – 15 pounds 3.5 ounces (this is in the 50th percentile – meaning “average”)
Head Circumference – 17 inches (this is in the 75th percentile)

As a parent of an infant you are very excited about these visits as they show you how much your baby has grown. You even place bets on what these statistics will be…for weight anyway.

RJ – 16 pounds 2 ounces
MJ – 16 pounds even
SJ – 16 pounds 4 ounces
And the winner is:
JJ – 15 pounds 14 ounces

So, LJ is a long baby of average weight…sound like anyone you know? Who LJ happens to look more and more like everyday? So far it appears that little baby J is taking after his father in all things looks-related.

LJ had 4 shots today and he was a little trooper. She had the first needle in his leg and was putting the second in before LJ started to howl. He only cried at the time of the injections…after that he was smiles again. He’s a tough kid!

I’ve decided that I am going to try to teach LJ some sign language…just little things like milk, pain, love, etc. The theory is that infants are capable of communicating before they develop language skills, so if you teach them so signs, they can communicate with you long before they can say the words. It is worth a shot! I ordered a little book that has 60 signs in it…all American Sign Language, so it’ll be useful in the future as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! of course JJ is the winner! I probably guesstimated your weight correctly because I got to hold you for such a looooong time on monday! I look forward to our next visit! Love ya tons LJ!!!