Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!

I don't know with what time zone we rung in 2005, but it was somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. It was during LJ's night feeding...which was at 2:30 am. He didn't wake again until 6:30. I have a new "rule" - once it is 6:00 am, if LJ wakes up, I'm up for the day (as he usually is too).

We did have a nice New Year's Eve though...we watched i-robot and thought it was decent. I'm really getting into this Blockbuster.com membership. This makes the second movie LJ has let up watch! The first day of 2005 has been a nice day too...except for the bowl games...while several of you are enjoying watching your alma mater play, several of us did not enjoy watching ours. We thought we'd go out to lunch, but that is not so easy to do on New Year's Day...most places are closed. We took a walk and LJ met the neighbors down the block. They have 5 girls and it was cute to watch them all peek over the stroller to look at him! Tonight, we plan to go out to look at the holiday light display outside of town. These people put up tons of lights and then charge you to drive through (it is on their land and when I say "tons of lights" I mean "tons"). Monday is the last day they will be up, so we have to get this done. We tried to go on Wednesday, but LJ would not have it...that was the day we went to visit my friend, so I think he was tired of being strapped into his car seat. LJ will probably fall asleep on the way out there, but if he doesn't, I think he'll like the changing colors and contrast of the lights.

LJ smiles ALL THE TIME! He is cooing a lot and is starting to squeal and laugh...all of these things are very fun. He is starting to enjoy his "tummy time" a little more (as he tolerates it for a longer period of time). He has rolled himself over from front to back twice...according to the book this is advanced (but we are not surprised ;-) ) He has outgrown one of our favorite outfits and is starting to wear 3-6 month clothes. They are a little big, but 0-3 month clothes are a bit too small. We have started a night time ritual. Between 8:00 and 9:00 he gets a bath (which he really seems to like). Then RJ puts lotion on him and makes this into a little massage (which LJ loves). After that, RJ uses Swaddle System 2. Finally, I feed LJ and he goes to sleep. RJ and I try to be in bed within an hour after that. It all seems to work well and I think LJ is starting to get the idea. His cradle cap is getting better, but has really improved since I proved that I am marketing person's dream. I bought the Gerber Cradle Cap Kit. I've decided it is nothing more than mineral oil, a comb, shampoo, and some light lotion. BUT, we used it for the first time last night and there are considerably less flakes...who's the sucker now?! And we are still working on getting rid of the thrush, but I am relentless in my attack. LJ sees that medicine dropper coming and opens his mouth like a little bird. Of course, the medicine is fruit flavored, so he probably likes it anyway!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ~ Wishing you a great 2005!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! I've just caught up on the blog and I'm impressed! I've been getting most of my info from Amanda who has been reading the Blog on the sly at work. I look forward to the opportunity to meet baby J.
I'm glad to hear you guys have adjusted so well to parenthood. I had no doubts that you would do well, and it comes as no surprise that RJ has begun re-engineering everything. I suppose that one day there will be a book on the best seller list - "This stuff should be common sence! 12 easy steps to taking care of everything a baby and their mother might need", by R&MJ.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! I've just caught up on the blog and I'm impressed! I've been getting most of my info from Amanda who has been reading the Blog on the sly at work. I look forward to the opportunity to meet baby J.
I'm glad to hear you guys have adjusted so well to parenthood. I had no doubts that you would do well, and it comes as no surprise that RJ has begun re-engineering everything. I suppose that one day there will be a book on the best seller list - "This stuff should be common sence! 12 easy steps to taking care of everything a baby and their mother might need", by R&MJ.

Koen