Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The Grind...

The first two days back at work have gone smoothly, but I already feel like it is a grind. Let's see, Monday night LJ slept until 4:00 am before he wanted to eat. We woke up and fed him and went back to bed. By the time I fell asleep, I got about 1 hour before the alarm went off at 6:00. LJ started to stir around 6:30, but I turned the blow dryer on and didn't hear a peep after that. I left for work around 7:00. Would you believe LJ didn't wake up until almost 9:00??? RJ is soooo lucky!

My classes went well. I don't really like the first week...especially of the spring semester. With add/drop the people in the class change so much it is really hard to do anything good. You don't want to have to do it all over again the people who add late. But, the students seem nice...none of them show an ugly personality until later in the semester anyway ;-) At noon, RJ met me in the parking lot and we trading LJ. He had just eaten, so I went to the grocery store...since he was already in his car seat and all. I didn't have my list with me, so I ended up buying things that "looked good" and forgetting things we actually need. RJ got home around 8:00 and I was ready to go to bed. But, The Amazing Race was on and that is one of like two shows we actually watch, so we watched that. Then we gave LJ a bath and had him asleep by 9:45...

And, I woke up to my alarm clock!!!!!!!! Can you believe it???? I can't! 6:00 am and we hadn't heard from LJ. WOW! Of course, he woke up not to long after that and RJ had to get up and give him a bottle. But, this was very exciting.

And, today was a repeat of the day before. It is almost 7:00 pm now and in an hour RJ will be home. We'll eat dinner, give LJ his bath, feed him, and put him down for the night. Then I'll get a bath and we'll go to bed so that we can repeat this whole thing over again.

I told RJ this morning that we'll be doing this for like 10 more years. Think about it. If we have 3 kids (IF) and we stay home with them until they are like 3 (before we send them to Mother's Day Out/Pre-school or some other day time program...a few times a week) and we have the kids about 3 years apart...that is 9 more years. WOW! I'm not going to think about it anymore. But, we are so fortunate to have such flexible jobs and such family friendly bosses. This makes going back to work so much easier.

Here's looking forward to the weekend!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MJ - we finaly got intnernet access but can't read you email from gmail so we just wanted to tell you and rj and lj that we made it safely and are having fun exploring and will email you longer later. love, mj and b(s)j