Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Girls' Day

REJ and I had a girls' day as RJ took the boys back to Grandma and Grandpa's house yesterday. They had gone on Sunday, hurried back so RJ could attend an office baby shower for REJ, and then went back on Monday so RJ could determine if he wanted to buy something.

REJ was very pleasant - she's begun to smile - which is so sweet. I had a burst of energy coupled with disgust at the state of the house, so I cleaned and did laundry - which I actually folded and put away. This is impressive. I put dinner in the crock pot too. I've decided crock pot cooking is the way to go right now. REJ is usually very happy and content in the morning, so she sits in the bouncy seat on the counter (over the left side of the sink) while I chop and assemble the crock pot recipe. Then, come dinner time, the food is usually ready! I say usually because the dumpling part of the chicken and dumplings took longer to cook than the recipe led me to believe.

Yesterday was super-productive. Today, I have a cold. Sore throat started last night. I got this from the boys as I think they have a cold too. I just hope REJ doesn't get it - that would be a nightmare.

LJ is starting to read and he is rather proficient at adding and subtracting. PJ is finally learning his letters. Although, he thinks the ABC song contains the verse "H-I-K-J-L-M-N-O-P" - which, you can see if a problem. It is no use to tell him it is incorrect because he'll either scream, "NO!!!! IT ISN'T" or, he'll sweetly say, "Oh" and then repeat the K-J incorrect lyric. PJ is also a rather amusing conversationalist. We went to dinner with M&B and B's family on Saturday night and, out of the blue, PJ says, "Well, the baby came out of Momma's tummy"...just to keep the conversation alive. Hilarious.

No comments: