Friday, August 15, 2008
Yet Another Wrist Update
Went to the orthopedist for x-rays. It was super-crowded...turns out he was backed up because he is on call today and got called in for a surgery. The radiologist took my x-rays and had the dr. come in and look at them. He thinks it all looks good and I have to go back in a week for more check-up x-rays. I really appreciate that he is being so thorough. He asked how it feels and I told him that my arm has been bothering me the last few days. This cast has my wrist really immobilized, which I think is good, but I feel a lot of pressure and there just isn't much give. He was very contemplative and said, "well, you have a very high pain threshold - so do you think we should put on a new cast? Is there any burning?" I was honored! *I* have a "very high pain threshold" - what a compliment (am I sick or what?). I told him I don't feel burning, but it does feel like I have pressure in certain spots and that I think this cast is fine for another week. He told me to call if I feel burning because that is a sign of pressure sores. He instructed the radiologist nurse to put some mole skin in a couple of places and I followed her. I asked her how he could tell my pain threshold and she said, "because you are not a wimp - most people scream out and cry and you never have -the dr. can read people." I assume it is less hectic for the dr. if you aren't writhing in pain - I just never really thought about it before. I don't think I have a high pain threshold - I think I feel it - I just don't complain about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i agree that is a compliment...go you!
Post a Comment