Saturday, August 09, 2008

Wrist Report

I had an appointment yesterday and Dr. is happy with the lack of compression - the bone still the right length. He drew some lines on my x-rays with a straight-edge and they intersected...then he used a protractor-like device to compute what I found out is the degree of dorsal radial tilt. Right now, I've lost 3 degrees of dorsal radial tilt and that is nothing I would notice mobility-wise, but he wants to watch that very closely, so I have an appointment on Thursday. He put a new cast on - this one is TIGHT. I think he wants my wrist completely immobilized. He hung me in traction so that everything would be lined up perfectly...I took 2 Vicodin when I got home...! I think this Dr. is pretty good and pretty thorough. He is a tough cookie to crack though - he is rather dry and all-business, so I was happy at my first appointment when I finally got him to smile! Today, I actually got him to smile and chuckle and as he left the room, he patted me on the shoulder...I figure if you can get them to interact with you - they are more invested in your care.

No comments: