Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Pool Update

So, here it is July 1 and no box #3 of 3. I decided that this box is just not coming, so I called Walmart. This is not so easy as it seems. Try to find a phone number to call on the Walmart website. I went to my online credit card statement to verify that we had paid for the pool - and my credit card company had a clickable link for Walmart - and that link provided a phone number. THAT is how I got a phone number to call.

After choosing the menu option I thought best fit my predicament - and saying YES 3 times before it understood me...I had to back out of that route and pick something else so I could talk to a PERSON. I choose "billing problems" and finally got to Barb. Barb was very friendly and helpful. It probably helped that when she asked how I was doing I said, "Barb, I'm frustrated" - she was nice to me. After a lot of computer-looking-up Barb determined she needed to initiate a tracking for the package with UPS. Then she told me UPS has 10 business days to find the package before they can get the manufacture to send another. She suggested that, if I'm financially able, I could order another pool as it would probably get here before the last box of my original order would. Keep the original order until we've put our 2nd pool together - to make sure we have all the parts we need...otherwise, get those parts from our original pool. Then, we can return the original pool to the store for instant refund of our money OR they can send a truck to pick it up from our house. Oh - and she refunded our shipping on the original pool and did not charge us shipping on our 2nd pool. I ordered the 2nd pool and it (ALL 3 BOXES - I'm keeping my fingers crossed) will be here between July 10 and July 24. The original pool (2 of 3 boxes) got here within 7 days of ordering, so we are hoping for closer to the 10th.

2 comments:

thesharester said...

way to go barb! i'm happy to hear the pool is on the move!

Anonymous said...

you do *this* almost as much as jennifer says *delish*