Friday, July 18th
Got my hair washed and dried yesterday. Gave a test in class, so that was an easy day. Today I have to catch up on grading. Gave RJ a grocery list and he and the kids went. When RJ is at work, LJ has been my little helper as I try to go about my normal routine.
PJ's schedule went WHACK the last 2 days. On his own, he slept until 8:15 yesterday - and the only took 1 nap at 1:30. He went to bed at his usual time, but last night was up crying for about an hour. He's still asleep at 8:40, so I don't think he's going to be taking a morning nap between 9:30 and 10:00 - which is the norm. I suppose he might be dropping his AM nap, but we had to work with LJ to drop his at 18 months - so this is odd to me?????
Saturday, July 19th
Yesterday was fairly good. My relationship with PJ has already changed. I used to pick him up all the time and carry him around the house with me...now, I only pick him up to put him in the high chair or to change his diaper. This has me pretty sad.
DH got a babysitter and took me out to a movie and then dinner - to try to get me out of my depression. We left when the kids woke up from their naps & got home in time to put them to bed. They napped well, so all that combined meant I had a relaxing day!
PJ's sleeping is better, but still not optimal.
Sunday, July 20th
I hate this splint. It keeps kind of shifting and slipping, so I find myself gripping with my hand and tensing my arm. I'm sure I won't like the cast either, but I'm ready to ditch this splint. I find my wrist more painful now than I did a few days ago. It is almost like I can feel the bone. I think the swelling has gone down and I'm just able to feel more. I'm trying not to be surly, but I'm not really happy with this new routine over which I have little control!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ugh. this whole broken wrist thing makes me very uncomfortable. I think I'm having sympathy pains. Sorry I'm not there to be an extra set of hands...
sorry i am not there to change diapers and wash your hair.
Post a Comment