Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pool! Almost...

Pool set-up was S-L-O-W. First, Uncle B was going to arrive Friday evening...they were going to do some work that night and then get started again Saturday morning. Uncle B was not able to come until 11:00 Saturday morning. Then they had to go buy some top soil so they can get everything level. Then it was lunch time...RJ's family has the market cornered on "leisurely lunch", so around 2:00 they finally got out there and got started leveling the ground. At 4:20 - they left to get a pipe for a pump/drain thingy that RJ wanted to put in. If the wimpy pump that came with the pool isn't able to do the job, we are now set-up to use a good pump since they installed this pump/drain thingy. At this point, I believe the ground was level and once they got this pipe they got the pump/drain thingy in the ground...and the pool frame went up. The directions state that it is not complicated, but you will need 4 adults. Little do they know that RJ has gotten very good at figuring out how to not have help...and I think he thinks he is more than one person...as is Uncle B. Turns out, they do not have the hands of more than 2 people, but never fear, they rigged it up with tie downs and various objects to attach the tie downs to...instant hands.

This morning, the pool is about 1/3 full! "We" filled it enough to hold itself up - as I've alluded, the construction process is very interesting - and then shut it down after dark last night. This morning, PJ and I got up around 6:15 and I turned the water back on. I plan a trip to Walmart today to buy some pool necessities...like chlorine tablets, a skimmer, goggles, floats, etc.

1 comment:

thesharester said...

sooo exciting!!!!!