Tuesday, February 12, 2008

And then there was sleep...

I went out of town last Friday night, for an overnight trip...RJ was super-sweet not to freak out (it isn't his nature) when I told him about going away for Friday night on the Wednesday before...I got together with some ladies from my mommy messageboard and we had a great time - moms only.

The MOST exciting thing about the weekend is...while I was away Friday night - RJ did not feed PJ in the middle of the night. He said that PJ cried around 2:30, but fell back asleep (on his own) and RJ didn't hear from him again until 7:30. So...we decided to dispense with that one last night-time nursing session. Saturday night, PJ cried around 3:45 - and on and off until 4:00, but then we didn't hear from him again until 6:00. I fed him at that time because I want to feed him before I go to work (so I don't have to pump at work) - I leave for work around 7:15...so, anytime between 6 and 7 is fine with me. Sunday and Monday nights we heard him cry around 3:45, but each time - he's put himself back to sleep and we've not heard from him until 7:XX. THIS IS SPECTACULAR!!!! We are *finally* getting our sleep-life back to normal. It was ok getting up with him 1x and, truthfully, I'll miss it - it is the *one* nursing session that is calm. The other 3-4 are an exercise in acrobatics. It is amazing how contorted PJ can get his body and still hang on and nurse. Truly amazing.

No comments: