In the week preceding the time change, be it fall back or spring forward, I start the routine of saying, "this is what it'll look like at (insert time here) next week." The time change is always something to which I look forward. Now that there is a toddler in my life, the end of daylight savings time is something that I feared. Feared is a strong word, but it accurately expresses my emotion. Sleep is a tenuous thing with a toddler. Many things can disturb the routine...teething, over stimulation, "growth spurts", and other seemingly small events. I can't imagine that gaining a whole hour would not have an affect. LJ usually goes to bed by 7:30, but this will be what he's previously known as 8:30, so he should be tired and this would be good. BUT...think about the morning. He usually wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30, but this will now be 5:30 - 6:30...not good. But, LJ seemed to get through the transition without a hitch. He went to bed a little later the night of the switch and slept all the way until 7:00 (8:00 in the time to which he was accustomed). The next day he refused his afternoon nap, but I wasn't home (RJ was), so I didn't have to suffer through that one. Obviously, this led to an early bedtime, but he slept until 7:30 the next morning and all has really been fine since.
I (and I think RJ agrees) am having a tough time with the time change. It gets dark so early and I get tired when it gets dark! I'll be really tired and I'll look at the clock and it is 6:45...WHAT?! I still have at least 2 hours before I can go to bed! I'm exhausted at the end of the day!
Is daylight savings time really necessary?
Wednesday, November 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i dont think so. but no one seems to really ask me.
Yes, I read your (the sharester) blog after I posted this entry...I see that you and I are of the same opinion!
MJ - Last night as I was having some quality bonding time watching televsision with my fam, we came across Beverly Hills 90210 - The Reunion. Unfortunatley, Tori Sp. and Brian ? weren't on and neither was the girl who played Kelli on Saved by the Bell, but everyone else was, including Jim and Cindy! They were talking about their LOYAL fans and of course, I thought of you. Hope you get to see it sometime! BJ (who's missing MJ for a few more days) :(
Thanks BJ - of course, being a loyal fan...I have seen the reunion show. What was odd is that Shannen D AKA Brenda was on it and she left the show under not-so-great terms.
I was hoping it would be a drama reunion...you know, them acting as their characters and going to their 10-year reunion. Instead, it was rather boring!
See you soon!
Post a Comment