Monday, November 14, 2005

Happy Birthday LJ!

Here it is...the day LJ was born. He wasn't born until 3:52 pm, and at this time last year I had not had my epidural yet...but these are trivial matters.

LJ started out the day by waking at 6:18, but he did let me rock with him for about 20 minutes...while I patted his back and he rested his head on my shoulder. This doesn't happen very often, so I treasured the moment. After he'd had enough of that, I made him is milk. In the morning he drinks 6 ounces (out of a sippy cup) of a breast milk/whole milk mix. He seems to tolerate the whole milk well and is readily accepting it now, so the weaning process has begun. For breakfast, LJ had bananas, cream of wheat and cinnamon toast and now he is playing before his morning nap - which should commence within the hour.

Oh, this morning he took, what I would call, his official first steps...there were 3 of them and he looked like Frankenstein's Monster, but they got him where he wanted to go...from the ottoman to the couch.

So, why am I home? RJ is sick. Has been all weekend. And when I say sick, I mean sick. 102 fever. He was so desperate; we got a baby sitter and spent 3 hours in the walk-in clinic yesterday. That's all I'll say...it isn't my illness, so I'm sure there is some privacy law that I've already violated in recording what I have. But, this gives me time to make LJ's birthday cake this morning.

(I see Lena and KK did this on the previous post, but...)

Please comment if you want LJ to know that you wished him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

13 comments:

Martha said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for making my this past year the best I've known so far! I love you!
--Mommy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday LJ! Know your mom and dad are overwhelmed when they think back over this first year of your life and all the changes that have occurred for both you and them!
Love, Aunt SS

Anonymous said...

OK, so here is the advice to make your first birthday absolutely perfect. When mom places the cake in front of you, insist that the candle be burning! Then make an attempt to blow it out, then take your dominant hand and grab the very center of the cake, be sure to get as much as you can and then proceed to stuff it in the area of your face. Pose nicely and let mom and dad take pictures. Then ask for a hug but insist that they don't clean you up before you exchange the hug.

Happy First Birthday
Uncle Big Bro

Anonymous said...

I'm not quite sure what a "BIRHTDAY" is...but I hope you have a happy BIRTHDAY!! love your cousin!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Luke!!
Wow! Big day! First birthday, first steps. That is a LOT to do in one day!
Hope you enjoy your cake.

- koen

P.S. - I know it sounds like a good idea to stick some of that wonderful cake in your ear to save it for later, but trust me when I tell you it won't taste the same!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday LJ! I called your house and I was told you are having a great time and were getting lots of attention. Have a great year as a 1 year old!

Uncle Bobby

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday LJJ! Mommy and I loved spending every one of the past 365 days with you! You are our pride and joy! I Love you!
--Daddy

thesharester said...

happy birthday LJ! i'm glad i got to spend so many fridays during your first year with you. they were awesome and so are you!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday LJ!!! I'm happy to know that we share the same first word other than normal baby sayings like mommy and daddy... but "duck" is a way cool word to say. I'm sort of sad that you're already one because that means you're moving around alot and won't want to be hogged, I mean held, quite so often. I'm looking forward to playing with you and being there with you on your second birthday... love, cousin Jfer

M&B said...

Happy Birthday,
We called you yesterday and told you - we even sang which may scar you for life.

Congrats on your important first steps, please don't start running and jumping before we get to see you at Christmas.

M&B

Anonymous said...

As you know I didn't call, but thought about you a lot. Wasn't sure if there was a good time to call with RJ sick and MJ very busy. Then I got a bad headache and that settled it - no call, but lots of love from Maw Maw

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LJ! Hope you had a wonderfully fun first birthday and got to smush cake on your face and blow out the candles and open some presents! Guess what? You get to do this every year! and just wait until Christmas! love, A

Anonymous said...

LJ, Annie and I are sorry we did not wish you happy b'day in a timely fashion. Due to hurricane stress,etc. I didn't get on the computer for a while. So happy birthday very late.
Love,
Chrissy and Annie