Monday, November 24, 2008

Driveway Update

As of 7:45 Monday morning - no cement has been poured. Due to over-estimation of what could be accomplished by when, a bit of rain, etc. things have not gone according to plan (I, for one, am not surprised!). The hope is to get this one section formed up and level so that one truck can show up today and the workers can see how it goes. You know - how long it takes, how much attention the concrete needs, how often the concrete needs attention, etc. An experiment, really. This will only have a hope of happening if it doesn't rain anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds sooooooo familiar. In my experience (with a very accomplished "contractor")most everything takes AT LEAST three times longer than expected. I thought about "the workers" when I drove home from church on Sunday IN THE RAIN! Remember "all good things come to he who waits." Mom/Maw Maw, etc.