Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Preparing

We are preparing for LJ's birthday - I can't believe my baby is going to be 4 this Friday. How is this possible? He requested a Mickey Mouse theme and when I've asked again, just to be sure he doesn't think he said something else, he says, "I already told you, Mickey Mouse". So, there you go. (He does seem to have a bit of an attitude lately - I can only begin to imagine what 7th grade will be like if this is the attitude he's giving at age "almost 4")

It is not as easy to find Mickey Mouse party supplies as you might think. Minnie Mouse - not so much of a problem, but Mickey - a bit on the tough side. For example, the bakery has no Mickey Mouse cake themes, so we are going to have to do it on our own. RJ and I settled on cupcakes with some frosted in chocolate and some in cream cheese so we can arrange theme into a Mickey face. I did find plates, napkins, and goody bags in a Mickey theme and the kids can wear their Mickey Mouse ears from Disney World. There are just a few family members coming over, which is all LJ needs to have the time on his life.

Every commercial he sees and every circular that comes in the mail - if it advertises a toy, LJ asks if he can have it for his birthday...to which I reply, we already have something for you for your birthday. I think he'll like it too - I'll wait until after his birthday to tell you about it - that way, I can include his reaction.

PJ is talking more and more. When he falls down he says, "I ok" - if he doesn't say it, we ask, "are you ok?" to which he replies, "Yase" (he says yes, with a bit of a long "a" sound). He is very interested in pointing out your nose, eyes, hair, and teeth. If he does not want something he shakes his head and says "No". He opens the refrigerator and gets things out - usually his milk cup, but sometimes salad dressing or jello. He and LJ love to chase each other around the house - and this gets very noisy. I am trying to let them have fun without getting onto them all the time, but that is a struggle for me...I prefer less acting crazy, but they are kids and they are playing nicely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only are they kids, they are BOYS, and, though I may be slightly prejudices, THEY ARE SO CUTE!!! GIVE THEM A HUG FOR ME. MAW MAW

Jennifer Josefy said...

maybe we'll get free dessert at my ring day snackage tomorrow since it's LJ's birthday?