Since the school was closed over the weekend - RJ and I did not have our Sunday evening meetings - but I asked Jfer to come over earlier in the day and RJ and I went to see The Dark Knight (we are probably the last 10% of people who haven't seen it) and went out to eat. That was nice...I liked the movie, but I kept thinking it was about to end and I could wait to go to the bathroom. I was wrong many times, but I made it to the end.
I admit that I did not want to go to work today. We had Friday off - in today's society, I guess the school decided it needed to allow people to go somewhere without missing class or work so that if it were really bad here - they wouldn't be so liable? I don't know, but we got the day off due to Hurricane Ike! It did give me time to clean the house in preparation for our evacuees (Grandma and Grandpa) and it gave RJ time to stake our trees...the trees we transplanted in the spring. But, that one day off got me out of my routine and now I just want to say "I'm finished with this semester" - which of course, I can't!
LJ has been being a menace lately - mostly due to lack of sleep. I can make him stay in bed (kind of), but I can't make him sleep and he's been exercising his free will on this one. He's gotten in the habit of getting up to tell us his tummy hurts. Oddly, it only hurts when he's supposed to be sleeping...of course, we are suspicious. It had gotten to where he'd come in at 5:30 AM to tell us his tummy hurts. Then, he'd be awake in his room, talking to himself - or he'd have made enough noise to wake up PJ. It was really getting frustrating...so, I "called the dr." yesterday and "the dr." told me that "if LJ's tummy hurt in the night, he shouldn't go swimming the next day". Wouldn't you know it - LJ did not get out of bed once last night and his tummy did not hurt. Amazing. Hopefully, he won't be too jaded if he ever realizes what has happened.
P.S. I've been told my spelling has not been good as of late. I'll do my best to correct this, but I'm usually typing while children are hanging off of my arm or banging on the key board. I suppose I could write while they are napping, but I chose to use that time to read my book or catch up on some tv and I don't see that changing anytime soon!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Speaking of spelling errors...perhaps the dark Knight?
That's it, I'm finished.
Post a Comment